Your Images

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
There are still plenty of you who haven't figured out how to make an album and upload an image to it for the Gallery.

Most times it's one of two reasons:

1. The image doesn't have a JPG or GIF extension

2. After you've uploaded it you're not clicking on the 'submit' button

All those who have recently tried to submit an image and ended up with an empty frame or nothing at all please try again, paying attention to the two points above.

Thanks.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

How do you give it a JPG or GIF extension???

P

paul williams 2

bit late for you to learn bout the birds n bees Ed?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Most images from digital cameras are automatically saved as JPEG images. If you scan a print into photo editing software then you can save it (or 'save as') in several formats including gif and jpeg. There is usually a drop-down box where you can make the choice. For photographs for the web always choose jpeg, for all other images choose gif.

So, if you have a photograph that doesn't end with .jpg then open it in any photo software and then save it (using 'save as') as a jpeg image. Make sure it is no bigger than 500 pixels along the longest side and then upload it in the Gallery.

Then, don't forget to press the 'submit' button.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I think I've got that ............(or have I)

P

Phil Hackett 2

And if its more than 500 pix? How do you reduce it?

J

jason fisher

crop it till it's the bit you want to see, then in your editing software, there should be a facility to choose the number of pixcels you want it to be, there is in photoshop and elements and mgi photosuite anyway.

fishface

Reaction score
i have been waiting to days for some of my images to appear!! it said it would send me an email!!!! im still waiting whats all that about?

J

jason fisher

you think you've got problems, i've been waiting 9 months, every time i try it tells me to sod off.

J

john ledger

Graham you gave out two instructions and that might be one too many. We yorkies have just mastered the mobile phone so give me between 12 to 18 months and i reckon i might have it sussed