puzzled about monkey nuts.

T

tom riordan

I have soaked the nuts for 3 days and boiled for 1 hour and have then stored them under vacuum for 3 days. Batch 1 was
soaked in plain water with a tablespoon of sugar, these swelled up to full size, but the other batch which I soaked in molasses have not swollen. Is the molasses acting like an barrier and not being soaked up by the nut? is it normal for the soaked nuts to be still rock hard after preparing? are tigernuts exlusive to carp or do other fish species take tigernuts readily? my intentions with the nuts are to prepare them for fishing and then grind them down and use the mix in my groundbait, using a few as hookers. Any tips on how to make them gungy and sticky.

T

tom riordan

MY apologies the thread title should of course read Tigernuts.

T

The Monk

Took a 3lb12oz Rudd on a popped up tiger once!

they do tend to stay hard, like wood really, if soaked though, the scum from the top of the water is an excellent attracter

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think if you leave them to ferment? longer, the water turns to a kind of syrup.

T

The Monk

not only does it turn to syrup Baz, it forces the lid off the bait bucket and starts legging it about the garden, evil stuff!