Normark rods.

Y

yoggy

I"ve recently "borrowed" a Normark microlight float rod,which i"ve been using for trotting Roach etc...i must confess i"m extremly impressed with the rods performance,,all i know is that i think that the company comes from Sweden???,any other info would be greatly received.cheers.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Yoggy, Normark have been producing top quality rods for a long time but they do command a price. The Avenger and the Titan 2000 are probably up there with the best of them.

Not really up to speed on their origins but I believe they are part of Masterline now though maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can enlighten you.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
The founder of Normark Sport was a Swede called Omri Thomas who used the design services about 20 years ago of Geof Salisbury. Together they were responsible for such rods as; Norborn float and the Avenger 200 series.

Today, they are the designers (and owners?) of Carbotec who make the exceptional (but sadly very expensive) range of Modulate Action Rods which effectively elimate the dreaded lock-up on a rod.

Normark rods are still available today in most decent tackle shops but do try e-bay as there used to be a chap who bought up most of the 'seconds' and sold them at great prices. Even though they had a 'second' tag this usually applied only to minute defects in the finish, like a few tiny bubbles in the varnishing.

I hope this helps.

Y

yoggy

Thankyou,this does help,i"ll have a look on ebay,as after using my mates rod,i"m very tempted in buying one!.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Dammittttt!!!!!!!!

Here is the old fashioned way:

Open ebay.co.uk
search on item number 7133137866

But hurry, there is only about 7 hours left, currently at ?62.

Y

yoggy

CHEERS,,i found it,that seems to be the boy!!,,i"ll ave a go and let yer know.