Swordsy Carbelling 2

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not many second articles can be as good as the first, but this is certainly one of them. New, very interesting and persuasive in the reading.
Is your fox box allways that tidy? I think a tackle inspection would be in order on Saturday ;-)
Excellent reading again Lee, well done.

I

Ian "snotman" Foden

Another entertaining and informative article, look forward to part 3. Would you use the coleman were it not for rats? You didn't mention transport! dont you need a trolley for all that gear? Ian

chubber

Reaction score
A great 2nd article Lee and I agree with you about the bivvy. I wouldn't be without mine.

S

swordsy

Glad you enjoyed it!

Ian I should have mentioned the trolly, and the gym membership to ensure i can carry it all! :O)

Last time I was on the river the coleman dipped out on me and I ended up with rats everywhere and no gun to pop them off with, not nice :O(

S

sash

I do reckon the Trent has a particularly large subspecies of rat. Horrible things. I remember a few years ago a mate (with a very bad rat phobia) was fishing at Clifton Grove and had waded out a little with his platform and groundbait bowl just behind him under the bank. He put his hand into the bowl at some stage to refill the feeder and promptly grabbed hold of the biggest Roland rat you have ever seen! His screams could be heard miles away....

Nice articles Lee.

S

swordsy

Clifton grove! how did I know you would say that one! They are bloody massive arn't they and there are lots of them!

Try willford as well if you want to see old "rattus norvegicus giganticus"

S

sash

They mug old grannies at Clifton!

Flippin' huge things there.

Not fished Wilford but I do remember a particularly fine specimen enjoying my bait at Rolleston a few years ago.

The worst I've ever seen was at the FM fish-in at Selby a couple of years ago. The owner was telling us that the place had become infested ever since a new road had begun to be built. I've never seen them so brave and had to turf 2 out of my bivvy in the middle of the night. Nice.

W

Welsh Goff

Nice article again Lee, i wont go night fishing without my coleman also.

J

joseph croft

I really enjoyed reading your article ,glad to hear you use bite alarms ,i use alarms because i am pushing 60 and i tend nod off .Joe Croft, Swansea south Wales

N

NottmDon

Enjoyed this even more than part 1, even though it looks like I might be a carbeller! As the Omen films had three parts I reckon the next tome will be well worth the wait! Only riders of the apocolypse ever get near me when (car)...barbelling are those guys with mountain bikes who like to ride em in the dark!! Each to their own I suppose. Once again Lee great article.

G

Gary Knowles 2

Good read Swordsy.

I fished a mere once for a couple of seasons that was riddled with rats. I've no idea why but there were many, many more than on neighbouring waters.

I lost count of the times I chased one out of my bivvy trying to whack it with a rod rest.....

In hindsight I should have took a couple of traps with me as well, it would have been quite entertaining through the night !

Michael Forsberg

Reaction score
Would like to know where and what the brand name of the angulated bank stick adapter is called. It would be great to be able to tilt the alarms for river fishing!

M

matt thomas

seen them on ebay for a couple of quid michael,but you have to trawl through the guff to find them,i think if you look at ebay shops one of them does them,if you have a buzz bar can't you tilt the alarms down anyway or is it fixed cos thats what i do.

Michael Forsberg

Reaction score
Actually,Matt I'm using single banksticks. I saw in the first Carbelling article single banksticks being used. I thought they were Fox manufacture but Fox claims that they make no such bird! I tried typing in Tilt Head Adapters in various web sites, but come up with unkown search.

M

matt thomas

i'll try and find the ebay shop for you that i saw them in,failing that i'll email swordsy for you and post the answer

M

matt thomas

here we go,tackle n fish ebay shop under sporting goods /fishing

item no 7149624405 angle adjuster 99p bid and a quid postage

item no 7149624419 angle adjuster 99p bid and a quid postage

7hours left michael @3.10pm

stick a bid of two quid each and they will probably be yours dont do it till the last minute though

Michael Forsberg

Reaction score
Matt,
Thanks for the ebay link! These are what I'm after. I will give it a bid. Thanks again mate!