album problem

F

fergal mc gorman

im new to this site and computers really. ive started an album and have 2 pics in it but when i try to put in a pic of my boat its saying "existing image allready exists". what should i do. ps ive 2 scrap albums i made while trying to get it right but i think they are empty

F

fergal mc gorman

yeah ive 2 pics of me holding pike but when i try to upload one of my boat it says "existing image allready exists". ive been trying for a few days now

J

J P

Try changing the filename, maybe someone else also has a pic called "myboat" (or whatever)

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Most people are making one of two mistakes when uploading images.

1. The image doesn't have a jpeg or gif extension. Or

2. They forget to press the 'submit' button after uploading the image.

The problem is that when you submit an image that doesn't have the jpeg or gif extension it is still accepted by the system but doesn't appear in the album, which means that re-submissions with the same file name are rejected.

I'll go and delete the empty albums now and then you can have another go using the same file names.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

"The image doesn't have a jpeg or gif extension"

And how does it get one of those ?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Most images from digital cameras are automatically saved as JPEG images. If you scan a print into photo editing software then you can save it (or 'save as') in several formats including gif and jpeg. There is usually a drop-down box where you can make the choice. For photographs for the web always choose jpeg, for all other images choose gif.

So, if you have a photograph that doesn't end with .jpg then open it in any photo software and then save it (using 'save as') as a jpeg image. Make sure it is no bigger than 500 pixels along the longest side and then upload it in the Gallery.

Then, don't forget to press the 'submit' button.