Bait boats

• Thread starter The Seeker of Truth & Justice
  • Start date
T

The Seeker of Truth & Justice

I recken bait boats want banning off the face of the planet. since when has sending your bait and end tackle out on a boat had anything to with fishing. Another word for fishing is angling, the word angling coming from the angle in your rod, so if your using a boat instead of the the rod to get ytour bait out how can you call that fishing.

S

Steve Baker

Its better than leaving your terminal tackle in the tree you were trying to cast so close to. Nice juicy boilie hanging in the water, big carp (or water fowl) rises hooks itself, tethered and dies.

D

Dave Johnson

Many is the time I have found fish in awkward or unfishable places, part of the skill surely is drawing them out via feeding?

S

Steve Baker

I agree, so there should be a code of conduct with bait boats, its just that i dont really believe in bans.

P

Paul Williams

I think there is a time and place for most things legal in angling ( did that term really originate from the angle in the rod?).....the difficult part for some is to recognise when and where!!!!

D

Dave Johnson

do you have to register bait boats? I saw one the other day that had 'Swan line Cruisers' written on the side........

S

Simon Ford

What you`ve got to think of that 20 years ago bite alarms was frowned upon and now they are readily accepted.
In 10-20 years there will be something else for some of tho frown upon,and baitboats will be just another part of tackle that we all use.

M

michael hall

I have no problam with baitboats and I think that fishing should also advance with todays technology however I dont agree with their prices!!

R

Rob Brownfield

Have a look at F lake at Waveny Vally. In the far top corner there were about 70 leads hanging from the trees, most with bait attached....this is a prime case for bait boats.

J

Jake Lewis

They are a good idea in certain situations,but they become a problem in the hands of idiots who insist on driving them into other people's swims or snaggy areas which they have no hope of landing a fish from. As usual, it is the angler and not the tackle that is at fault.

p.s. Isn't an "angle" the old name for a hook?
Some people have funny ideas.
Cheers,

Jake Lewis.