the slow method

M

Mark Morton

This season I havestarted to fish the Method for carp, with some degree of success. However I have found that the Van Den Eyned method mix brakes down very fast, can anybody recommend a method mix with a slow break down time or how I can slow down the mix. I am sure my results would improve if my balls lasted more than 10 mins. Mark

P

peter webber

Hi Mark
I use Van Den method mix a lot and the mix I use is:
2 x Van Den red
1 bag red crumb
1/2-1lb crushed pellets
1 cup of corn flour
1 cup of baby milk powder
1/2-1 bag of crushed hemp or 1-2cups whole hemp

Get the water right and this will stay on for a lot longer then 10mins.

You can add freebies but don't over do it as this will course the mix to break up.

M

Mark Morton

Thanks for that Peter but should I mix it on the dry side and leave it for a while before using it?
Have you tried any other commercial method mixes.

P

peter webber

Mark
After mixing on the dry side take about 2/3 out and put to one side. With the other 1/3 add a bit more water to it so that it will hold together better and not crumble in your hands.

Using the wetter mix first cover the feeder and then add the dryer mix. Doing this the outer ( dryer ) layer will start to break up when it hits the bottom but the inner ( wetter ) layer will stay on the feeder.

The dryer mix will send out a sent trail for the fish to home in on and they will find your feeder with the inner layer and bait.

I hope this helps.

D

David Will

You could try adding PV1 binder or use a 50/50 mix of vitalin trout pellets