Favourite Boilie

I

Iain Wishart

If you could only choose one flavour or type of boilie to fish with all season, what would you choose?
My choice would be a boilie consisting of a mixture of fishmeal/birdfood and other ingredients flavoured with Esterblend 12. It worked because i caught a PB of 22lb 2 oz...pity i can't remember the exact recipe....D'OH!!!!!!!

S

Simon Ford

Icelandic red base mix with cranberry and caviar flavourings

R

Rob Brownfield

I think I would go for a simple Trout Pellet Bollie.

Crush a couple of pounds of Trout or Salmon pellets, mix with eggs, boil for a couple of minutes..and bingo...a fantastic bait. U can add Premiers Peach Melba for added boost.

Its nice and cheap...and believe me...it has outfished expensive commercial baits when fished side by side.

T

Tom Craven

Tails Up OCP either Eastern (Garlic) or
OCP (+ Fuitmino)
Thus far both have caught every months in 12 months thus:
France, Canada, Essex, Suffolk and the paste form of OCP (E) has caught barbel too in 4 counties.

S

Stewart Bloor

Richworth 10mm tutti frutti's....'cus I'm gonna catch a double figure bream on them next week....

A

Andy Thatcher

Ohhh good call your Rev'd. Stuck between that Activ8 and t'Grange. Oh go on Activ8.

A

Andy Thatcher

Ohhh good call your Rev'd. Stuck between that Activ8 and t'Grange. Oh go on Activ8.

S

Stewart Bloor

Hey Andy, I heard you first time...hahahhha...don't forget to pop by next week...remember I'm the good looking one on the lake...

T

The Gaffer

Hi all, without doubt the best boilie I've ever used is the new(ish) M-Tech from D.T. Bait Developements/Cotswold baits.
In the last four sessions I've had 20 carp. (3x20's and only 1 under 10lb)
I even used M-Tech as a hook-bait when stalking and had 6 fish in 3 hrs to 18lb 4oz.

C

Carp Angler

but surely that's down to your skillful angling and not the bait?

D

Dave Johnson

here here Rik-too many people are embroiled in marketing.......
you ever caught on week old sweaty maggies that smell like .....uck knows what?
me too!!!!

D

David Will

I do not take any notice of advertising but as for boilies I know Grange at range sorts them out , although I ought to be a winner and get on the eight ball or put myself in the fast lane with Formula 1.My balls could be perfect with any one of Richworths offerings.Unyet i know that Kevin Nash and his mates use Nashbait and if I fish well i will be guaranteed to catch.Maybe it will have to Assaninate , a killer bait.I am keen on Solar stuff ,'job done' or go for quality with a difference and use Shellfish B5
But as I do not get influenced by adds it would be Vitalin and birdfood/fishmeal with robin red,
'The birdfood makes it cheap cheap and the Vitalin makes them woof it down,others on the lake will think it very fishy';)

T

The Gaffer

Carp Angler: but surely that's down to your skillful angling and not the bait?

Watcha mate, hhmmm, I see what you are saying, but I've done nothing different other than use M-Tech and yet my catch rate has gone up considerably.
I also think confidence goes along way, but even so, the more I use it the more confident I get, the more confident I get the more I use it.

Atb, Gaffer.

D

Dave Johnson

good point Gaffer, never underestimate the power of confidence!!

C

Craig w

i use Carp Company Icelandic red with cranberry & caviar EPA, i make my own and they work well, i used them all last year & all this so far, im not saying i catch buckets of umm, but im happy...why should i change?

P

Paul Bax

for all u fools that dont know it M-Tech is awsome.
get on it for a couple of sessions and see