Fishery Access on Farmers Land

V

Vince Battams

I have had it put to me today that there are rumours about that farmers who have rivers and lakes on thier land are not allowing anglers access to the waters in attempt to hit the goverment where it hurts [rod licences[ as a payback on banning fox hunting, as anybody heard any truth in these rumours and would it do enough damage to the goverment without affecting angling.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I thought the licence money went to the EA directly and not the government

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I suppose that could be a fair point Vince.
But if the acess was leased to a club on a yearly or more basis I don't think they could stop us.
I just don't know, I suppose it could have some affect on day ticket stretches in fox hunting territory.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Vince,

In my part of Wiltshire I know some local landowners are refusing access to the power companies and the mobile phone outfits as a demonstration of their dislike of this mendacious Act.

However, the riparian owners that I know are not, and will not, restrict access for anglers.

Obviously I cannot speak for other areas of the Country.

J

John Howard

There was always the chance of this happening to us, if we failed to support the CA. The majority of waters we fish are on private land and we go there with the owners permission.