Gutted.......

E

EC

After 15-20 years of hard work my blender (braun 240 multiprac) has just packed up whilst liquidising some bread.

I have seen a cheap blender in Argos priced at ?12 I can't/won't break the bank so can anyone recommend a blender that can be used for hemp, pellets etc.

Cheers

EC

E

EC

I need a quick fix Baz, wont't get the time to go to any car boots!

Anyway get yer gear sorted for later, I've got to go and buy car tax now...total devastation!

D

Deecy

Be careful with coffee grinders Eddie, little cheap ones do not last , finally after many short lived versions I got hold of a commercial sized coffee grinder.This will grind hemp pellets tigers peanuts etc easily.Have a look on E bay or as Baz say's boot sales.

D

Deecy

My current one is made by Revel (pronounced reevel).Basically you need one with the following.
Don't buy one where the items you are grinding need to leave the area of grinding.Some feed the ground material into a waiting retainer.This is ok for coffee beans but high oil things like pellets and hemp tend to clog up.So look for one with a removable container that includes the blades.This will become clearer wehen you look at them.
Get as powerful motor as you can afford.
Don't be tempted by ones around ?20 - 30.These take litle and the motors tend to give up the ghost fairly quickly.
As for makes the Rolls Royce is Gaggia but Dualit make goo ones.
My one was in a sale at ?60 but I have no idea as to the model number as I have long since lost the paperwork.I did have a look on Google for you but they only have a smaller one as far as I can see which John Lewis stock.I put coffee grinder into E bay and there are a few on there but they are the real big boys around ?100.It is a worthwhile investment though as it saves loads of money in the long run.I put all things through mine and unlike cheaper ones it hasn't complained yet.

E

EC

Deecy, thanks mate! I am definitely on a budget so if you see anything similar or suitable whilst trawling the net give me a shout!

Baz, make yourself useful and get searching those car boot sales!

D

Dougie Genini

Why not just buy the 12 quid one from Argos.
It's bound to have a years guarantee and if it only lasts 3 months thats only a pound a week (or half a pint of beer).Cheap at half the price. Then you can buy a new one every year:)

E

EC

I think thats the way I'm going Dougie.

Harsh Baz, very harsh! You been to that car boot sale for me yet?