Concessions Are Changing

B

Bob Hornegold

Anyone who is eligable for a Concessionary rod licence will or has been notified of changes to the concession.
Apprently the changes were advertised last summer and have recieved Ministerial approval.
So where were these Advertisments ?
I have not seen any adverts, so how could I object to any changes in the eligibility for concessions.
Without boring my fellow Posters, the EA did not contact the Concessionary Licence holders, but instead Advertised the changes.
I suspect knowning full well that the majority of holder would not see the advertisment.
You will now need to have a Blue Badge or be eligable for the Blue Badge to recieve the concession on Rod Licences.
I'm sure many of the present concessionary Lincence holders have not needed a Blue Badge or wanted a Blue Badge.

Quoat from the letter I recieved.

This change follows a year-long review prompted both by denmand to move away from a financially based concession and changes in the Governments benifits system. The increased use of direct payment methods by the Department for Work and Pensions ans changes in the types of benifit offered means that we can no longer operate with the previous criteria.We recognise that while the changes expands the availability of the concecession in some ways, it restricts it in others. This means that some people who previously recieved a concession will no longer do so. AS part of the review we consulted with the British Disabled Anglers Association, the nationally recognised body for disabled anglers. The Association supports the change.

In my experience the BDAA is/was mainly a Match or Pleasure Anglers Association- it did not and does not represent Me as a Specimen angler.
So although it may have thought it was a good idea for its members.
It only represents a small proportion of disabled anglers.
For my part I would like to know how many Concessionary permits were issued last year and how many members the BDAA has ?
Is this another Stealth Tax in the form of the EA wanting more money from those least able to pay.

Bob

B

Bob Hornegold

So Lads what do you reckon ?

Even if I'm entitled to a Blue Badge, should I be forced to apply for one if I conform to the requirements of a Blue Badge ?
Or should I have Disabled tattooed across my Forehead ?

Bob

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As far as I know the blue badge covers more things than angling,houseing, parking, etc.
All it is doing is cutting out the middleman, by obtaining the blue badge from social services it means that somebody else has already done the neccessary work to prove you are disabled, i.e the E.A. Produce your blue badge, and get your concession.

I think that in the past you had to produce certificates or whatever to the E.A. then they had to check it all out. All I can see this doing is saveing time, by you yourself producing the badge or number. It shows you have already beeen checked out.

Ron C

Reaction score
No Baz Thats not quite right.
I will post an out line on this later, All I will say at this time is that Bob Horngold's last paragraph is more near the mark.

W

Wolfman Woody

I agree with Ed, get the tattoo.

Have "Anarchy" as well, just above the spider's web and the "------- cut here -------" on your throat, it'll look good when you go into the Post Office.

Ron C

Reaction score
Up until last April your proof of disability was to show a form or book at the Post Office, sent to you from the DHSS/DWP that stated that you where either in receipt of the following benefits - INCAPACITY BENEFIT (long term) or one of the disability?s show on the Fishing Magic Home Page.
Now it seems, anglers in recipe of INCAPACITY BENEFIT no longer apply. Now you will need a blue badge.

To get a blue badge you will need to have Disability Living Allowance benefit (at the high rate); one of it?s criteria is that you cannot walk any distance with out any pain, and there are more restrictions within this criteria.

Back to Bob?s last Paragraph, I wonder how many People in receipt of INCAPACITY BENEFIT with an
EA Concessionary Fishing License there were last year, and how many with Disability Living Allowance benefit etc there were?
I bet the high percentage were INCAPACITY BENEFIT licenses.

This is Disability Discrimination, to those that are on INCAPACITY BENEFIT.
Now from the 1st of April this year are not eligible for a EA Concessionary Fishing License.
It seems to me, that some little pen pushing bureaucrat. has done his sums.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Most people on Incapacity Benefit,(or at least the genuine ones) qualify for a blue badge