Season's End - What are your plans?

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date
N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

For those who fish rivers and the traditionalists who still observe a close season on stillwaters, March 14th approaches. What have people got planned to mark the end of another angling year?

Nick A

Reaction score
thats nice of you Peter!... what we having?.... medium rare steak for me please!

Stillwaters......

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I might have a night session on the Trent until midnight. It all depends on the weather.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

I'm off down fenland on Thursay for a few days piking.

Then I'm off to Scandinavia most likely, to get some big orders to make me rich and become a tackle tart like Peter..... :eek:)

F

Frothey

whats a close season? i thought the licence ended on the 31st?

W

Wolfman Woody

If the weather warms up I might have a last futile bash on the Thames. It's been crap for most of the year so why not now?

After that a couple of weeks off then back on the Thames again with my new licence. Fly fishing for black tailed trout and red finned trout. Might try a few small spinners for them as well.

But largely, this is the time of year for my main carp trips and in May some lure fishing for pike on the pits.

D

Deecy

Thames for me too, hopefully for a Barbel or too but a nice Chub would round off a disappointing post Christmas time on Old Father.The very last day is always on a local lake, I have fished there for 35 years and from which anything is a bonus to the old gits reunion.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Last couple of weeks of the season on the rivers for me, and then a nice quite out of the way still water until the 16th june.

S

swordsy aka The barbarian

Finish off with a three day session on the Trent and then, who knows, I will probably start a vigil-ante group and set a prize for the one who can bag the most joyriders, housebreakers and muggers. With prizes given for ingeneous and novel ways of sending them on their way to the next incarnation and interesting ways with household weapons.

;o)

chubber

Reaction score
If the snow and rain hold off and the Wensum fines down a bit I'll probably a couple of days trying for some decent roach and chub. After that it'll be carp and pike on one of estate lakes.

Richard Parsons

Reaction score
If it warms up I'll go down the Kennet for Barbel if not I'll wait a few weeks' then go Tench or Crucian fishing at some ponds in Pingewood but there a bit of a trek so mostly I'll be waiting for the 16th of June then back to the Barbel.

Richard Parsons

Reaction score
I hope to try a new Barbel Ground Bait mix out ON the Tench,Sensas Carp Gold,curry powder and Guiness might make some Paste and some Boillies out of it too any one have any ideas?

Peter Knight

Reaction score
I plan to get out next mon/tue and then again on the last two days of the season. If it stays cold I think some grayling fishing is likely for next week and I'm hoping to get onto the Wey for some last min barbel for the week after.

After that I will set about the DIY and build up brownie points for the start of the season!

J

jason fisher

doin bugger all till it warms up a bit then i'll be doing some tench and perch fishing and a bit of fluff flinging.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

As I started the thread, I will be spending 3 days on the Avon & Stour after a nice fat roach.The weather will be against me by the look of things but as its my first proper session for over 5 months I can't wait!