For those that like to cook hemp and keep the wife happy!!

Paul C

Reaction score
This might be of interest if you like to do decent quantities of hemp and freeze it and it's guaranteed to win you some brownie points as you can plug it in outside or as I do in the garage.

These are great for doing bigger quantities and looks a very good price too:

ALDI - Thursday Special Buys 9th September 2010

Paul C

Reaction score
They work great.

I use a Burco boiler that's bigger than this, but then it's usually only half full.

Soak it for a day, then switch it on and leave it to simmer on a keep warm setting.

They are all stainless so a rinse out and it's ready for next time.

At £30 it's not even worth risking the wife's pans!

Paul C

Reaction score
You can use the tap, although I suspect it might clog if bits of hemp got stuck in there.

I normally use a sieve and a big jug to put it into freezer bags to a specific quantity and then poor that last bit out into the grid catching the remaining hemp in the sieve.

cormorant

Reaction score
get a pressure cooker, i got mine for a pound from a charity shop,30mins in this and its perfect,i used to soak a day or too and cook for an hour and not all the hemp split, but a higher percentage does in the pressure cooker and no soaking, so quicker and cheaper fuel bills.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You can use the tap, although I suspect it might clog if bits of hemp got stuck in there.

I normally use a sieve and a big jug to put it into freezer bags to a specific quantity and then poor that last bit out into the grid catching the remaining hemp in the sieve.

I've always saved the water for my groundbait mix.

blankmeister

Reaction score
I like to use a vacuum flask for small amounts, no smell. A big flask will give enough for one of my sessions.

tortoise100

Reaction score
Has anybody else found that the smell of hemp is ok it just helps build the excitement for me , is it just women who don't like the smell?

Paul C

Reaction score
I love the smell.

The wife doesn't quite share my appreciation.

Tigger - true and ditto , although I've loads of frozen hemp juice stashed into those ice cube bags, so I can defrost a few to mix into my crumb, hence I don't bother most times.

Paul Morley

Reaction score
The overnight in a sealed plastic tub with boiling water technique has changed my life... it works!! I've been heaving hemp in all tench season without troubling any of the servants...