Pole sections, how far to push together

b16jus

Reaction score
Just bought my first pole and wanted to know how far you push them together is it until you feel friction stopping it or all the distance of the grippy bit > ?

tony

Reaction score
Only push them in until you feel they're tight, no more.

When you're fishing, keep the pole at an angle to the fish and the joints won't come apart.

b16jus

Reaction score
Only push them in until you feel they're tight, no more.

When you're fishing, keep the pole at an angle to the fish and the joints won't come apart.

is in never point it at the water keep it level or up a bit ?

thanks

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
Make sure all joints are kept clean. Sections can get very warm if fishing in summer and in the open, if joints stick, putting them in the shade can help.
Do as tony suggested and be careful of elastic bottoming out, if this happens and you have the pole in line with the pull of the fish, you could loose sections. I had this happen once, but I found out that the joint between the sections was faulty.

blankmeister

Reaction score
When unshipping while playing something big, make sure there is no bend in that part of the pole, or section will not separate. It's best to hold the upper section and remove the one below (if you see what I mean). I learnt this to my cost recently. I got the sections half apart (top kit to No 4) and it got stuck. The fish took off and the joint cracked:eek:
Cost me £35 for repair (getting it back tomorrow), but worst still, missed a session at the weekend:(:mad:

dezza

Reaction score
It is a good idea to clean your pole with a cleaner such as Mr. Sheen. This will apply a tiny amount of lubricant to the male joint, which is all you need to keep the joints from sticking.