Okuma Baitrunners

Peter West

Reaction score
Morning All. Has anybody bought these reels and if so which model, are they ok, looking to buy two reels today, already got shimano bait runners for carping but would like two mores reels for pikeing and the odd times I can fish with 3 rods.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Peter put Okuma baitrunner into the search, there have been quite a few discussions on these reels previously.
I have 2 dynadrag 50 baitrunners that I use for Bream and Tench fishing, I've had them for 3 or 4 years with no problems. At the time they were ?19.99 each with a spare spool. I don't think these particular reels would be up to Piking & Carping (larger fish).

Rob Lewis

Reaction score
I've got 3 Okuma reels, a Dynadrag pro that I use for float and feeder fishing, and a pair of Undertakers that I've been using for carp.

I was a bit unsure about going for Okuma at first, because there are no places locally that I could try them out,and the prices looked too good to be true.

I've found them all to be good bits of kit. The spare spools come in handy, and for what I paid for them it was not such a big risk.

njb51

Reaction score
I own an Okuma Force FB 30 reel and it is well worth the money. Really smooth and it has never packed up on me at all! (touch wood!!) I have also used for carp fishing and have hauled in fish to 24lbs with it and there were no problems at all.

J

Jack Pike

I,ve been using the Epix 50's for the last 3 years a bit of paint damange now but still smooth as the day I bought them never let me down yet they have took some rough treatment. Well recomened for the price

Tony Campbell

Reaction score
I've got an Okuma Interceptor baitrunner..... excellent value for money at ?29.99, never let me down.

M

madpiker

plus the interceptors have a five year warranty.i`ve got an epix baitrunner and an interceptor that i use for piking,they get a hard life,but haven`t let me down.

Terry Kay

Reaction score
I only use okuma undertakers and conderat for piking and they in my mind are better than any other make of reel on the market at the minute never let me down even when dropped in water or on hard rocky ground or even on sandy banks great piece of equipment I with them for good

Tommo!

Reaction score
I was looking at two Interceptors myself a while ago.

Went with the new Mitchell Avorunners instead. Haven't looked back. Then again I have turned into a bit of a Mitchellconvert. V.goodvalue for money.

Day Breamer

Reaction score
Mitchell, Abu... lovely pieces of kit, totally loved the 440a (Mitchell match) and pretty much everything that Abu made... i know times move on and all that but i will always swear by Abu, Mitchell dont fall too far behind either.

Okuma are from the same people that gave us the Ron Thompson range of rods i believe, sorry if thats wrong.

J

Jim Crosskey 2

I got a pair of the "old" interceptors (not the pro version) from NWAC for £20 each - I have to say they have performed absolutely brilliantly. The clutch is really reliable and the baitrunner has worked flawlessly too. These are the "40" sized reels, and for general purpose fishing (i.e. not at extreme range) I've used the mfor EVERYTHING - float, feeder, carp and pike. One spool with 6lb sensor, the spare with 12lb sensor.

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
I have a couple of intercepter 40s. No problems apart from the silver coming of the screw cap that hold the spool on. Which I think is better when fishing the margins, no bright flashes when casting, had a 19lb pike on one of them and carp to 16lb. Good reels for the money.

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
I have a pair of Okuma baitrunners (sorry, that probably should read 'reels equipped with a freespool facility') and they are just perfect for the amount of blanking I do........