5 dead for fishing

Steve Sodbury

Reaction score
So Radio 5 has cancelled the only remaining BBC programme about fishing 'Fish on Five. ' Now I'm a bit aggrieved at this. Many a morning's drive to fishing or early morning brew in the bivvy has been made pleasurable by this little programme, and now in a cost cutting exercise the grey suited gits of the beeb have said no more. Apparently any fishing will appear in the mainstream output of the station. Yeah right.

Enough is enough. Its poor enough that we have no programme on terrestrial TV, but to cut this show shows frankly the BBC could not give a rats arse about our sport. I've emailed my displeasure on this to the BBC 5 site, and I hope y'all out there can do the same.

For shame, BBC

the place to go is http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

Lets not let the buggers off on this one.

alan strickland

Reaction score
Damn shame that,listened to it every week either on the radio or on the net.

BBC are lucky they keep the tv licence for another 10 years or they get bugger all of me.

Even discovery home and liesure seem to have cut down on the fishing programmes,its been a while since i seen anything new on there.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Steve, thanks for the post.

E-mail sent.

Come on guys lets make our voices heard!!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Graham,

On issues such has this is there any means of keeping a thread at the top of the page to stir up a bit of interest? I know other sites ie BFW do it.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I don't have a way to do it automatically but the 'manual' way is to just post another reply that can just say:
'Back to the top'.

Then I'll keep deleting those as I spot them.

alan strickland

Reaction score
Someone posted on barbel fishing world that its the 26th march the axe falls.

might be wrong but that just leaves "At the waters edge" as the only angling output from the bbc.
At least 6 bbc tv stations,7 national radio stations and about 20 local radio stations and all we get is 1/2 hour from radio lancashire.
*iss poor if you as me

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Stand up and be counted time for the BBC then?
Now they are showing their true colours.

The Pig

Reaction score
The still have a fishing show on Talksport every Saturday and Sunday betwwen 6 and 8.

Keith Arthur presents it.

J

Jason Ball

Its a dam shame we dont get enough T.V or radio I have e-mailed BBC with a complaint 2 If enough of us kick up a stink maybe we might get heard but it will need a few more than just us.

C

Chris Bishop

Shame, listened to it a few times when I remembered to tune in and it was quite entertaining.

Odd decision when you wonder what else they could stick on at that time of day which would get anyone remotely interested.