Thieves on the swale

Rickrod

Reaction score
I went to cundall farm last week when i was up in yorkshire . Me and Ed paid our money(£20) and put it into the honesty box which is right under the farmers window just as we were walking away a car pull up and a bloke got out i assumed to pay his money too i said a hello as i was walking away . anyhow about a hour later the farmer and his wife came down to our swim and asked if we had payed luckily the farmer had seen the other car and was just checking what he already knew . About a hour after speaking with the farmer a police car pulled up in our peg and we give want details we could .

Just incase the thieving scumbag reads this its scum like you that spoils it for everyone else when the fishing is lost because the owners get pi**ed off with it.

If anyone is thinking of fishing there then post your money in the letter box the farmer is fine with that

Last edited:

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
Thanks for the info, I was thinking of a day on Cundall. I'll post through the letter box if and when. Years ago when there had been a lot of rain and chewed up tracks, the farmer took a pair of us and our tackle down to the river AND collected us at the end of the day. I think it was about £2/day then.
I remember the two lads?? at Sheephills used to get their 'honesty' box done on accasions too. I've had to get a tow up that track a few times when the going got heavey

Rickrod

Reaction score
Keep a eye out for the kingfishers they were putting on a good show

Rickrod

Reaction score
Hi Sean, No barbel had a few nice perch at dawn and dusk on the worm rod also some bits including a ruffe and a stunning looking pike that grabbed a small fish on the way in. It was a bit busy and we had to move in the dark as 2 4x4's arrived just before dark and had a slam the car door the most times shine your torch bang your bivvy pegs set your alarms at full volume play music and hope to catch at fish competition still it was nice to catch up with ed. also had a good day at pool with a nice suprise fish and easedike was abit of a challenge but that dont matter its a nice venue.

Will you be surfing

Last edited:

barbel basher

Reaction score
Long walk to the best barbel pegs at Easdyke from roadside parking ! Farmer used to let anglers park down a track within 50 yards of them but due to anglers leaving there rubish behind he stopped them parking there ? A few spoil it for the rest of us ?

chubby48

Reaction score
i hope they catch him the louse posting through the letterbox is a brill idea

904_cannon

Reaction score
Talking of the Swale, does anyone have any info for the Sheephills syndicate.
Sadly after two unsuccessful knee replacements I'm very limited as to where I can access these days. Apart from the few 'rubbish tip' swims on the Wear free water I've about had it for river fishing. I'd rather travel than fish those.

Rickrod

Reaction score
John dont be put of fishing at cundall,its a lovely place and you can get your car right too your swim if need be (just watch it if its rained alot)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fishing from the car

John H if it is barbel fishing from the car, so to speak, that you are looking for then there are a couple of clubs you could join, Bradford no 1 and middlesbourgh ac both have stretches on the Swale that you can drive around. Maunby on Bradford ticket about 2 miles, Middlesbrough ac have about 3 miles from holme near sinderby to skipton on Swale.

904_cannon

Reaction score
Thanks (very belated) for the info Richard, I'll check them out for the new season. I joined the Scunthorpe Police AC and had a couple of good days on its Lady Pit Farm water when we (the CSG) held our autumn get together on the Trent. Nothing big caught but I did lose one barbel which must have been at least 30lb ;)

Although one of the lads had a nice 38lb carp

wp4c627b2f_0a.jpg

Taken on his own Hook Bait Company 'River Secret' boilie.