Why do they

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

After a good commission cheque I decided to buy myself one of the great modern classic rods, A Drennan Tench Float rod.

After surfing some 8 websites and phoning these companies, I found out that this great piece of kit has been removed from the market place.

Why on earth do manufacturers have to stop making top class tackle?

I could go on about other items too but I'll not bore you.

I did eventually find one of these rods, but why do we have to put up with this crap?

I was told by one pratt that rods are now being rationalised and that in future there will only be carp rods, 12 foot feeder rods and 13 foot match rods.

How bloody sad.

Well before that happens I also decided to get myself a couple of Harrison Chemira barbel rods which will double as carp rods if I ever want to do that sort of fishing again. The moral of this story is to buy now, as many of the great rods we took for granted over the years are going to disappear from the market place.

It's all so worrying.

I was told a little while ago that before I retire, I must buy all the gear I will need whilst I have the money.

I'm doing that now, because it sounds like the wonderful range of rods we can obtain now, will not be available in the future.

However one thing I will say, look out Peter and Graham. I am becoming the ultimate tackle tart!

Hee Hee Hee!!

D

Deecy

I recall buying loads of Au Lion D'Or hooks and Mustad 34021 patterns in the past.Just in case they stopped being made.Seems daft now but hooks had a tendancy to change or suddenly go out of production.

Peter Knight

Reaction score
Dont worry you'll be able to pick em all up on e.bay whenever you want them!

L

Laurie Harper

It's the same with everything in life. How many times have you heard it said, "Just when you find something you like, they stop making it"? Isn't progress wonderful?