Online day ticket purchase

davestocker

Reaction score
I get increasingly frustrated by long and time-consuming detours I have to make to purchase day tickets for club waters that I like to fish occasionally, where tickets can?t be bought from ?a bloke on the bank?. Is anyone aware of any angling club ? anywhere - who?ve moved with the times to the point that you can purchase their day permits online?

If I can find an example, it may prove a useful tool to help persuade others that this is the way to go in the 21st century.

Milo

Reaction score
What an interesting post! I personally don't know of any clubs selling day tickets this way, but it's not a bad idea at all! It would be very useful, and would really help when you have just a few hours to spare, and a drive to a ticket outlet would waste too much fishing time.

I would imagine that the costs of setting up and operating such a solution could be prohibitive though. There would be costs involved in collecting the day ticket money via credit/debit card over https, and then the bailiffs would need a means of validating the e-Tickets on the bank - maybe carry hand held terminals with the information on?

You'd have to look at protecting all of this captured data too, you really wouldn't want it falling into the wrong hands, either by fraudsters or the anti's. If this were to be implemented, then it would need to be done properly and not just "knocked together".

I work in IT Security by the way ;)

F

Frothey

even if you could just reserve a space...theres a lake about 35 miles from me that you have to pre-buy a ticket for from a shop thats open 9-5.....if not you pay ?25 a day instead of ?5....