What is

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Don't you mean a "geyser", which is another name for a natural spring?

njb51

Reaction score
isnt it just another name for a man or someone you know. some kind of london accent made up word things. along the same lines as bloke.

N

NottmDon

Tommy Walsh of Groundforce fame was introduced to me as a "diamond geezer" I reckon it means an ok amicable and friendly type of person. All these bastardisations of the English language can leave me feeling a little left out lol! For example my children often say "bad" which means good, "wicked" which is better than "bad" and a word they use to offer disaproval is "skank" which gets right up my nose as its used so frequently amongst the younger generation!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Since I put my lasty post, I have dredged Google and apparently a "geezer" means a London Woofter or turd burglar..... :eek:[

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

It's certainly not just a modern term ---I can remember the term 'geezer' being used when I was a kid --(and it didn't mean woofter) --it just meant a bloke

E

Why Ron?
--are YOU going to bid to fish with a well known Carp Angler ??(knowing how much you like carp fishing)

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Well I might Ed,

I'll take them all on with my new set of tackle.

Bows and arrows!!

Ergo

Reaction score
I reckon Ron is a Diamond Geezer anyway, and what he does in his private life is up to him. Some people burgle houses, some do the same to turds, I really don't think Ron is quite into that yet.

I think he is just a sad old bloke that requires a bit of a reaction to show he is still alive. If he doesn't get it, who knows what he will burgle ;)

On the whole I think his heart is in the right place. Well for him anyway. :)

E

There's nothing wrong with Ron--as you will see if you ever get to meet him......I think you would be pleasantly surprised !

C

Cakey

Ron your a sick man .....he has a sick niece and all your interested in is taking the piss out of his nick name
hope you go down and not up !

S

scott"geezer" grant

ron for your information i got the name "geezer" because i could never remember peoples names,and cakey is right how can you take the piss out of my nickname when my name is not the reason for holding the event its because my neice is sick a bit like you accept your sad and sick.Ron whats your pb? i would love to know as you know i have caught english carp to over 50lb nuff said. ps Cakey your a gent Ron get a LIFE.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Sorry, I've only just picked up on this thread.

If I have caused any hurt Scott, to you, or anyone else, I apologise.

S

scott"geezer" grant

For your info I will be at the carp show on sunday 20th

S

scott"geezer" grant

What is "geezer"? A man who is kind,considerate has respect for others and values life as the most precious thing on earth.He likes to help others in any way he can.At present he is organising a charity event for his sick niece as she has 1 failed kidney and 1 that is 90% working and she is only 15 months old LIFE IS PRECIOUS.

W

Woody (Cheeky Monkey)

He could be a 'right-on geezer'.

or
you can also have a 'real dodgy geezer' or a 'bit of an iffy geezer' or a 'hot water geezer'.

E

geezer just means 'bloke' or 'guy' nothing more than that

W

Woody (Cheeky Monkey)

We have a chain of men's hairdressers around here called "Geezers"!

S

scott"geezer" grant

for your info gents if you speak to people that know me they will tell you i,m a diamond "geezer".

E

You don't need to keep blowing your own trumpet ....just by doing what you've done is enough