Campaign Against Martin Salter MP?

B

Bill Cox

This article and subsequent press release by Martin Salter only serve to back up my belief that we have been right not to jump into bed with the countryside allience, they clearly only want our support for the numbers we would bring with us, they have through several slanted press articles in the telegraph recently attempted to scare anglers into supporting them, they will stop at nothing to win and dragging us down with them would be a justifyable risk.

T

Tom Gardner

The problem angling has is the morons who leave rubbish and line laying about.

It only takes one idiot to leave their trash in a public place for all anglers to be blamed.

Its not tidy anglers who get in the news its the morons.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

But not all anglers ARE anti fox- hunting ......

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Myself and others have recently been taking note of the amount of rubbish left lying about where anglers frequent, these places are also public acces areas.

The only litter we have ecome across is in picnic areas, or where public benches have been installed. I am happy to say that not one bit of it was anglers rubbish.

egghead

Reaction score
I think someboby forgot to tell c/a that members from all partys vote against hunting not just martin salter and just by removing one MP will not change things one bit I think it about time they moved on and make best of what they have got no one is stopping them from taking there horses out drag hunting and eventing

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I bet if Muslims went fox hunting it wouldn't have been banned

S

swordsy

Martin salter MP like all MP's should remember they are servants of the public and not social/moral engineers. The labour party thought it fitting to use the parliament act to force through the legalised buggering of young boys and banning the hunting of foxes with dogs but when it comes to real issues of national security i.e prevention of terrorism and non-existent border/immigration controls they mince around and whine like a bunch of over dressed, self serving, swill guzzling, powercrazed whores.

Instead of interfering with "real" issues of civil liberties, they should concentrate on the main issues at hand, which are the over population of the plannet, the terminal pollution and rape of the plannet and why I have to pay a bucket full of tax to that robbing Scottish t**t and not expect to see any improvement in the standard of my lifestyle. have you heard the latest, 40% capital gains tax to be charged on your primary home if you sell it at a profit, not such a bad thing if your an MP with a home in every port though is it?

plus they get a better pension than me, without doing an honest days work in their lives.

If you stand for office don't whine when somebody threatens your seat simply ensure you are doing the best job possible and you will be re-elected, if not you are out!

B

Bill Cox

Ok Lee we've had your obligatory rant against the labour party but what about the point of the thread ? what do you think of the CA,s behaviour in targeting this Mp in particular purely because he supports some country pursuits but not theres. And is there not a backhanded attack on anglers also because we would not support there cause.

S

swordsy

No Bill, its not my usual rant against the labour party at all this one is against MPs who just do not enjoy the full understanding of democracy. If a certain group does not agree with or support the ideals of the local or national ruling party whatever that may be, they are free to campaign as hard against them as they see fit ...its a free country.

When the BNP won seats in Oldham we had near hysterical parliamentarians screaming "no vote" and saying that they would over rule the ballot, that is wrong the electorate have spoken, end of story!

The CA are tax paying voters if they wish to act that is their rights as free people to do so.

Mr Salter and co, simply have to make sure they are popular enough and do a good enough job to get more votes than the rest, otherwise they are out of a job and that is how it should be.

B

Bill Cox

I agree with what you say regards democratic rights etc etc and i suppose thats as near thread as we are likely to get you mate. For myself i feel the decision i made long ago not to become involved in the CA and there half baked attempts to hijack angling has been well and truly vindicated.

B

Bill Cox

Not bad mate not bad, work is slow of course since people have a habit of being busy when work parties are organised, working towards an initial stocking in early May with another in the autumn. Opening hopefully in late summer. I,ll let you know when i invite you down.

B

Brooks ;-P

This just goes to show how one sided the Countryside Alliance really are- despite campaigning for angling support with slogans like "Help Protect OUR sport", this assault on Martin Salter makes it clear that the only sport they care about is hunting with hounds.

J

jason fisher

i stick by what i said before on the countryside aliance they will do us no good at all. Far from it allying ourselves with them would do us nothing but harm.

T

Tom Gardner

Whilst this is all true I still think we and club/water owners should make sure we get our own house in order and drive out the litter bugs.

J

john ledger

Bill
We lost a good section of the River Idle at Misson because the land owners who always wanted anglers off the land stated too much litter was left by anglers. the litter included one sofa an old fridge and a burnt out car, hardly stuff we would bring in our holdall.
I listened to the debate on angling on Talk Sport and 95% of the listeners on the phone poll wanted to keep angling and the stupid American woman from PETA made a complete idiot of herself reading from a well written script trying to gain browny points.
I have to admit that i would like all country sports to stick together but our biggest problem is anglers not sticking together.
Remember fishing an area a few years ago when a member of the RSPB asked me to move as it was designated to bird watchers alone. On asking the question why we anglers never asked them to move when they came on our club waters he could not give an answer.If it was not for the Royal in front of the SPB they would have half the members and personally i would not urinate on them if they where on fire

B

Bill Cox

You have to admire their (RSPB) well organised press machine though John. The trouble is its always easier to break somthing then it is to mend it, i fear that is where we are going to end up if we are not careful. Litter is just one of many ways we can shoot ourselves in the foot..

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
John,

If the 'lady' was Ms. Dawn Carr then her performance was just about par for the course.

Part of her record being:

2000, threw a pie in the face of Miss Rodeo America 2000. She was fined $1,700 and given a year probation. Apparently this was to highlight that feeding meat to children was 'abuse'

1999 - Dawn Carr puts up personal $6,500 bail for Timothy Ray who was arrested for arson. He set a fire on the steps of the Iowa Exhibition Centre hosting the World Pork Fair.

After a chain of such incidents she was "transferred" to the UK to become PETA's spokesperson on fishing!

Is it not amazing that the BBC will still invite her onto these radio and TV shows?