I guess it starts here.....

kamen

Reaction score
First of all, hi to everyone, and I guess I should now tell you all a little about myself.

I started fishing at the age of five, I can blame my dad for this (and for dragging me to near enough every Posh home game for the next four years!).

My local river has always been the Nene at Peterborough (Railworld stretch and up), and although I've moved a few times since, the Nene has never been more than a 5 minute car journey away.

Earliest fishing memory was with Dad on the Nene, he was catching, I wasn't (I was only five at the time, had been twice then). I wanted to go home, Dad didn't, so I picked up the maggot tub and chucked the lot in "Well Dad, we have to go home now!" I said.....I'm still trying to repay him for that little move. Although I did take him to a local "pond" (Railway Lakes) and helped him land his first carp, so I guess that goes some way to paying him back.

I fish for pleasure, usually just for the odd biggy, I'm not really into catching fish after fish, just being out on the bank is what I enjoy the most.

Anyway, just a brief introduction, but hope my knowledge (the little that I have), may benefit some.

kamen

Reaction score
Thanks Mr Monster and Mr Spiller, nice to be here. Just hope I can add something to this great site.

Last edited:

kamen

Reaction score
Little and often mate - not like the maggot trick! Welcome aboard.

I was young, I wasn't catching.....I just hope my kids don't pull the same trick!
Although my 4 year old had a nice 1/2lb perch on the whip, plus quite a few other smaller perch when I took him the other day. Mind you, he was more interested in eating the bread I had brought for bait, and taking pictures of the water and grass!

Many thanks for the welcome.

---------- Post added at 15:19 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

welcome to the site kamen

Many thanks Mr Carrott. As I said earlier, just hope I can help out in some way.

kamen

Reaction score
Thanks Mr Wrestt. I like your quote, and if it's from the film, what an amazing piece of acting from K Spacey. :)

Oh, and from Pete P. Although he wasn't in it much as I remember, but then I am getting on a bit now, and not seen the film in a few years.

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Thanks Mr Wrestt. I like your quote, and if it's from the film, what an amazing piece of acting from K Spacey. :)

Oh, and from Pete P. Although he wasn't in it much as I remember, but then I am getting on a bit now, and not seen the film in a few years.

Absolutely right Kamen, well spotted sir. :D