Eydon Storm Kettle

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have had a brew from one of these kettles on a number of occasions, curtesy of tom Riorden. Very nice it is as well.
He brings one to the Ribble fish ins, I love to see the steam comeing out of them when they are on the boil.
I'll give Tom a ring and see if he can give some more info on their uses.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

I first came across these kettles many years ago in Ireland.

They would be gret in the African bush where gas and other fuels would be a problem.

R

Robin Higgins

I have one of these and I love it to bits. It boils in no time, weighs next to nothing and you never have to worry about fuel. I also get to enjoy my pyromania whilst making tea. Perfick!

Robin
ECHO

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's only the same flame as a primus stove type, and they aren't banned.You don't see the flame anyway.
I don't know if the boiled water smells of smoke or not, but if it does, drop a matchstick in as this takes the smoke away.
(boy scout trick)

T

tom riordan

I can recomend these, I have used mine for over 6years, day in and day out,as I take it with me to work and it is a good as the first day I bought it. Screw up a bit of paper bung in some dead grass a few twigs and you will have a kettle of boiling water in minutes. Tip I buy a bundle of firewood from my local garage and chop it down to kindling, you get a higher faster burn without the smoke. The way the kettle is designed you dont get any smoke in your water so there is no problems with a smoky taste, I also chuck a bit of charcoal in the fire and then I can also cook over the base of the kettle, you can get the frying pan and saucepan to fit the base. If you want lightweight fast boils there are plenty of gear on the market, but if you can chill out and relax when you are fishing the kettle is a nice thing to have around, plus you can warm your hands while you are waiting for the kettle to boil. Keeps the mossies away in summer if you burn a bit of dried up grass or dead reeds. Grahams write up say it all really, and I would give it 10/10, because it does what it says on the box.

chappers

Reaction score
i have a kelly kettle thats the same thing under another name and they are the dogs whotsits i first used one at redmire so i didnt have to go in to hereford and waste time

C

Cliff Hatton

My 'Kelly' came courtesy of Waterlog...it's great!... At night, The Volcano, as Mr Yates calls it, is an incredible sight, with a flame jetting-up best part of three feet!

Greg Matthews

Reaction score
instead of bringing paper just use plastic coated fire lighters in the kettle. i throw 4 into the kettle and use one at a time never fails.great because it is always raining in ireland when your fishing.boils 2.5 kettle in less than five minutes.

C

Chris Bishop

Just got round to getting one of these.

Took it out in the garden and had a blast - brilliant for boiling water.

Has anyone tried those pan racks that go on the top..? Do they cook food ok or does your grub just end up tasting of smoke and firelighters..?