Two Records Broken?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
It only happens once in a lifetime to a very, very few people, but it could have happened to two anglers recently.

Dave Lumb

Reaction score
"a good chance the pike record has gone too when scales are checked"

...or maybe not when you look at the photo?

S

sash

The photo has been scanned in and posted on a thread on another pike forum. Must admit it doesn't look anywhere near the claimed 46-48lb but then photos aren't always easy to appreciate.

Perhaps it's all part of a Candid Camera style plot;- to get Nige fishing the venue for the next 3 weeks and then get Jeremy Beadle to jump out of the bushes dressed as an EA baliff and tell hime there aren't actually any pike in the venue!!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Here's the picture referred to:
Record Pike?

It's a big fish and I certainly wouldn't like to state it isn't the weight claimed simply judging by this picture.

J

jason fisher

it's certainly a very big pike but will it count as the british record, as it's not in great britain, it's in northern ireland.
surely it should be the irish record.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Broadwater could topple that with right timing. I've said on many occasion that it will produce a twenty. 19lb 10oz is the target then eh!

G

Gary Knowles 2

Pike - The pike does look a good one Graham but it certainly doesn't look anything like as big as is claimed. That said, photo's can be deceptive so it would be wrong to dismiss a claim purely on photographic evidence.

Bream - go for it monkey...

J

jason fisher

shame you can't fish farmoor for the bream or the record would be over 20 already.

B

Big Rik

We'll get close to that this year Wol.

From 1st and 2nd choice venues.

P

paul williams 2

Not me Rik! i'm into lightweight plastic,rubber and feathers nowadays,( F off Wol!) i've done enough gear humping, one rod only for me now!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

lol....the old rubber AGAIN Paul...cant leave it alone can you............

FEATHERS?

Oh deary me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gear humping.........1st 2nd or 3rd.......take it you aint got an auto then.

You naughty Brummie you...........

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
Both Monsters.

Some of these fish are getting more and more like my computer!!!

I get a better one every now and then, only to find out that the one i've got is now old hat!

I get a realy good one and then find out that the same day me mate has got a better one!

I finally spend loads of time at it, loads of money, buy and read all the write-ups, only to find that an unknown shop was doing em better, bigger and un-named from a town I've never heard of!!!

Where's it all gonna end?

The machine I've got is already faster than I am, and the fish are becoming (Just a dream)

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Compare that fish with Barney's 20 pounder caught from Blithfield.

I've been looking at photos of some of my 20 pounders.

No further comment.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
It would appear that the reason the weigh scales of the Irish pike record are being checked is that the captor purchased them off eBay, from a Mr. Gaunt residing in Hertfordshire.

:eek:)