Camera help

P

paul williams 2

need a bit of advice fellas......that bidding sight has a Fuji finepix f10 camera for sale...
3xoptical zoom
6.2 digital zoom
6.3mega pixels
sound and video
extra memory
free? screen projector.
?230.
Bargain or normal price for this bit of kit?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Paul,

I don't know that camera so I can't comment too much other than to say it could be a bargain.

Personally if I were you and want a really good camera which is absolute perfection for angling shots I would save up and get a Canon Powershot G6.

G

Gray Lucas

Paul

I found this on the Argos site.I think the camera you are asking about is discontinued.

Fuji FinePix F610 Digital Camera.
Was ?349.99 560/0917

Now ?174.99

6.0m pixels (12.0m recorded).

3x optical zoom.

2.2x digital zoom.

Dual LCD screen.

16Mb XD memory card supplied.

Movie capture with sound.

4th generation Super CCD.

Stylish metal body.

38 to 105 equivalent zoom.

Complete with 16Mb XD card, strap, software, USB cable, 1NP 60 rechargeable battery, charger cradle.

Software compatibility: PC/Mac.

I think you could buy a new camera of the same spec as the f10 for a bit less than
?230.Also,unless you are planning to print pictures larger than A4 size 3 to 4 mega pixels is adequate for everyday use.

Hope this helps

Gray

F

Frothey

you can get higher spec'd panasonic's (leica's) from ?200 new....

P

paul williams 2

Thanks guys.......i think i will give that one a miss and look in FM archives at what you guys are using.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Canon Powershot G6 Brummie! Keep telling yer.

Both me and Graham have got one. Best compact in the world.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Ron's right. Get the G6. ?379 from 7dayshop.com. Jessops might price match that for you.

P

paul williams 2

I'd love one, but i'm having to convince the missus!!!!.....along with trying to get some fly gear,already tried telling her i will catch her supper down at the caravan...lieing sod eh! why is there a load of great second hand gear about when you ain't looking but as soon as you are theres none!!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

It's called 'Sods Law' Paul

By the way I like the picture Wol sent(the rubber is very fetching)

Dai

Reaction score
Nikon Coolpix 8400 is just the job Paul. Wider angle than the Canon and more pixels. I got one just after Christmas and the self portrait facliltiy is so good I'll never ask a stranger on the bank to take a picture again.

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
I bought the Cannon G6 on e-bay last night for ?305 including recorded delivery. It is brand new, boxed etc and is coming from the states. Bargain.

J

jason fisher

fuji fine pix S7000 is the mutts, as far as i'm concerned.

N

Nigel Moors 2

Have got the Fuji Finepix S5000 - brilliant for the price.

Found a review of the F10 which is still available (best price I could find ?260 - at www.unbeatable.co.uk)

The Fuji FinePix F10 is a 6.3 megapixel, point & shoot camera that distinguishes itself with a remarkable battery life: Fuji claims the F10 can take up to 500 pictures on a single charge. In addition to its impressive battery life, the Fuji F10 has what Fuji calls a "Real Photo Processor," which allows the F10 to shoot at a maximum ISO of 1600 -- a great advantage for low-light photographers. A large 2.5-inch LCD monitor makes it easy to frame and share your shots.
Specifications
6.3 megapixels (effective), 3x optical zoom/6.2x digital zoom, autofocus only, program and manual exposure, JPE file format, ISO 80 - 1600, proprietary lithium-ion battery, movie mode with sound.