If I was in my 20s

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

"Go travel the world" is what I often say to young men in their 20s these days.

Somehow very few I have met seem to want to do it. They seem scared of becoming homesick or are tied to some bloody woman.

I hope you have a great time mate. Wish I was coming.

S

swordsy

Fntastic, goodluck and best wishes.

this has got to be written up into a book, what an adventure!!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

That the same Andy Pearson i know from Tring years back? Does some cracking drawing and think he did some stuff for Steve's Zed book. Not seen him around for years. Give him my regards if its the same guy next time you see him Chris.

Clikfire

Reaction score
Wow !! what more can you say.

I wish I had his commitment, and lack of wife and children.

Good luck Andy hope the funds don't dry up to quickley.

S

sash

It is Wol. He did all the drawings for Fenland Zander and for Mick Brown's (P and the P) and Watto's (P Progress) books and probably a few more I don't know about.

Lucky git, wish it was me going. Maybe in a year or two......

W

Wolfman Woody

Oh, where did I go wrong? I wished I had the courage to do it then, when I was young enough. Families eh? Who'd have 'em?

Andy Pearson

Reaction score
Blimey- thanks for the encouragement boys. 3 days to go, and ground rush has set in, but can't wait to get started... although there is always a little apprehension that goes with such things. Least of all with sorting out all the domestic stuff here (which sucks)!
I'd love to write a book about the whole adventure, but I'll have to see how that pans out, seeing as it's just taken 20 minutes to write this message!
Oh, and PS, Warren, yes I did used to fish at Wilstone a few years back when I was right into it. Loved it there too, and was lucky enough to catch a few nice ones. The best Tench water ever I'd say!
Like I say, thanks for the encouragement.

S

swordsy

Andy wish I had the bottle to do it, like I said good luck and best wishes, keep a diary because this adventure could be one of anglings great stories.

If you make Goa try to get to cocoa beach nr Calangute the little catfish are a pest but theres a good run of kingfish with the tide and I saw some nice shovel nosed rays caught and if he is still there Blackie does excellent boat trips for fishing the mangroves.

Lee

Andy Pearson

Reaction score
Cheers Swordsy
Trust me- I'll be keeping a diary and taking loads of photos to try and update my web stuff as I go. I really do hope I can make a story of it in the end.
Sorry I won't be able to get to Goa on my air ticket, cos it's somewhere I have always fancied hanging out... even if I didn't get to fish properly!

Oscar The Grouch

Reaction score
Good luck with your adventure Andy. I went travelling a few years back for 7 months and fished in Fiji, NZ, Oz, Thailand and Malaysia. I am very jealous! Make the most of it!

Oscar The Grouch

Reaction score
Thieves! I don't wan't to put a dampner on anything. Just a warning, don't take anything for granted. Always lock everything away. I had my digital camera stolen in Oz when staying in a hostel. (actually it was my old man's which I had borrowed for the trip!) it meant I didnt photograph most of the fish I caught. Trust me though, what I was catching was nothing like what I have seen on your website! One regret was not taking a strong enough rod. I lost a few decent fish because I just couldnt make any impact. One such memory which always gets me is losing a stingray in Oz. Must have been a clear 5 ft in width across its back. It just took me to the cleaners!
Another mistake I made was when I was lure fishing of a beach in Fiji for Trevally. I got so into the anticipation that I didnt notice the tide had risen slightly and got to my small tackle box. Various items, like pliers, penknives etc rusted up very badly. Yes should have washed them straight away! my fault!
Apart from that, I reckon I could suggest a few great bars and clubs along the way! Always lots of young ladies in the areas you are going to! The Danish women travellers are by far the best!

S

sash

Oh God, don't tell him that Oscar (the Danish women bit), he'll be like a dog on heat now!!

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist

Good luck Andy.

Can remember you having your first 9 off Wilstone at 9-8 on a paste made from bread and molasses and later a couple of doubles including the one you caught off the pier when Oliver disappeared for the weekend?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Bloody hell......the paste......that was years ago. Off to Tring now for a wander then to Fen Drayton.

Anyhow, have fun on your travels Andy and hope all goes according to plan.......chances are it wont but none-the-less have fun.

The paste............jasus b jasus dont time fly.

Andy Pearson

Reaction score
Hi Andy & Warren
Erm... the paste. I did get a few on that actually, although the 9 in question did actually take popped up maggots on a 14 hook and a 1" hooklength... I think.
And I do remember Oliver being pig sick about that fish: the rewards for relentless hours spent polishing the tussocks I'd say.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist

Just been up to Tring. The first bivvy I came across contained... boil in the bag !

I'd been down there nattering for some time (no change there) when my phone rang just as Phil Smith had walked round for a chat. That was a shame as i was looking forward to hearing the other side of the story i'd just been told... about a bit of poaching.

Had the same problem in the same swim once and went round to have a "chat" with the other bloke. He saw (and heard) me coming, got in his boat and rowed out into the reservoir where he stayed until I went back to my swim.

According to the call I was supposed to be in Berko a mere 8 miles away picking up her indoors from work... turns out some time was actually three hours and she was not happy :eek:)

Geoff Adams

Reaction score
Best of luck mate , I wouldn't get passed Thailand !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .