Carp Rods

K

Kieron Seymour

I was recently looking on Bennetts of shefields web site and noticed new daiwa interline carp rods, can someone please tell me if they have any advantage over normal carp rods? or are they there to catch more anglers than fish?. Also i'm looking to buy a new set of carp rods can anyone make any suggestions i'm looking to spend around ?130-150 per rod

Many thanks
Kieron

R

Rob Brownfield

Kieron...there is one serious mistake Daiwa has made with the Interline rods (Not new by the way, been out for about 6 years+)..where does the bite alarm go? As there is no line on the outside of the blank, you cannot use a bite alarm!!!..Thats a serious flaw in the design in my oppinion.

I used one for a while for stalking...becasue u can poke it through trees and bushes without the line catching...but they have a very limitied application.

As for good carp rods..well..there are Nash Pursuits (I belive these are built on Daiwa blanks), the new Greys rods, infact, the list is endless just now. Get into a tackle shop and have a waggle...get down to the local lake and see if u can have a cast with someones rods etc...

I use North Western, Century or Daiwa blanks and build my own...

P

Paul Williams

Harrisons....my new ones have full cork handles too......i'm gonna blow Rik away with em!!! snigger!......hey Rob i never thought of that!!!!wonder how many set up before they realised!!!

K

Kieron Seymour

Thanks for your help everybody i will check out all the rods, although i think i will stay clear of those Daiwa interlines sounds a bit of a naff design for what i'm looking for.

T

The Gaffer

Hi all, didn't they have big problems with them when testing them for the Carp fishing?
Didn't the Mono shockleader knots keep melting with the friction causing a crack-off and the melted mono stuck to the inside of the rod?
I think it was something like that and then Diawa turned their attentions to the sea (boat) fishing market which suited them.

Atb, Gaffer.