Best and WORST Rivers

John Spilsbury

Reaction score
The following link enables you to vote for your "most loved" river. More significantly it also allows you to vote for what you think is the most horrible waterway. With all its general inaccessibility, raw sewage, condoms, tyres and trolleys I voted for the Mersey. Anyone else fancy adding a nomination for the Mersey?
Where else could you catch, as I did once, 6 sanitary towels in as many casts?

Home - Our Rivers

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
Is this an extension of 'adopt a river' ?

I registered with that and as far as could work out it was just vehicle for people to get funding to ... well I never did find out any end results. All I got was a few anxious telephone calls from a guy who seemed to make a living out of spending, and living off, funding money.

I note that the Thames has been voted as one of the best, and one of the worst rivers, so what is the purpose of this latest initiative?

Is a minimum 25% increase in ATr subs (individual) and almost 200% for some clubs/groups (the CSG will pay £290 in 2011 rather than the £100 in 2010) the price we have to pay to 'benefit' from such loosely related angling initiatives.

It's about time the ATr started getting 100% behind anglers and angling (like fighting bans on live baiting) and stopped loving up to all the bunny lovers and tree huggers, IMO ;)

If it cant survive on its own merits then give it up and let those that did do.
i.e. NAFAC, SAA; the good work of which these organisations did now sadly appears to to have been wiped from the pages of angling history, exterminated without trace :mad: Problem is they cant, cos the Atr blew all our cash, didn't you :mad: :mad:
Rant over, I'll get back into my little box with it's rose tinted window looking on to the world of angling we all thought the ATr would bring