Describe your

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

I've been fishing with lots of different people in my life, but rather than mention all of them, I will get down to just a few recent ones.

Number 1, has got to be Ed.

Why Ed, you may ask? Simply because we can take the piss out of each other without either of us getting upset.

Number 2, has got to be Peter Jacobs. Why Peter you may ask? Simply because we can take the piss out of each other without either of us getting upset.

Number 3 has got to be Matt Brown. He has the gift of inspiring even an old fart like me to do better.

Number 4 has got to be Bob Roberts. His enthusiasm for our sport is totally infectious.

Number 5 has got to be our Graham. Mind you I don't get much fishing done when I'm with Graham due to the fact that we can't stop talking about the old days.

Number 6: Mark Wintle. Mainly because he is an angler of supreme ability and watching him is magic.

And by the way I have not listed these people in order of preference.

I love them all.

Describe your ideal fishing companion.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Oh I forgot someone. My old dear friend of over 40 years: John Weston.

What can I say about John.

Heyup lad - 'tench are on 't feed!!!

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

A twenty five year old blonde who's father owns a brewery.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The kind of angler who took the time to talk me through the why's and what for's of a couple of rigs last Sunday evening.
And Bob for his cups of tea.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
By the way, this angler last Sunday is a carper with a bad reputation for dodgy doings in fishing. (aledgedly)

I chose my moment and asked him for some advice. He set a rig up simmilar to what I use already, then told me of areas where to cast it to and why those particular areas.
I did well that evening, and he did even beter.
I can't give too much away because of the lurkers that I know who watch this site. but I really give this lad some credit of how and where he caught his fish from.

B

Bob Watson

Chris Hammond cos his sausages hit the spot,,, oh!!! and he normally puts you on the fish, or the wasps!!

T

The Monk

A twenty five year old blonde who's father owns a brewery.

I`ve got to go along with Frank on this one, I would add though she has to have big breasts and know how to erect things (like the bivvy)

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Cheers Ron, very flattering. I've enjoyed fishing with many people, yourself and Bob Roberts included.

A couple of mates who don't come on this site are a pleasure to fish with - Adam Roberts and the best angler I've ever seen, my mate Cooky.

My ideal fishing partner is one I learn from, and can sometimes help too. Sharing information and both coming out of it stronger is good.

Most importantly they shouldn't catch more than you every time!

I can see where you're all coming from regarding the blonde. Personally I have a thing for ginger ladies, but don't many of you fish to get away from women?

S

swordsy

One that can drive,has a cracking pair of hooters and doesnt mind a bit of slap and tickle now and again.......My wife Tina!

Matt we have something in common!! GINGER!!
I am totally mesmerised by ginger hair, I cannot understand all that minger stuff, ginger hair on a sunny day, sorry going for a shower now....a cold one at that!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

You should take Ann Robinson with you Matt. She would make a very interesting companion.

"Put your rod down, stand to the left and sing for me!!"

The Hood

Reaction score
Kiera Knightley.

Knows sod all about fishing, but if she was with you, what do you care.