Timberland Fishery, Harlow

Lee Buckingham

Reaction score
Hi I have a match coming up soon at Timberland Fishery in Harlow. I have searched the internet but I cannot find any info on it. Has anyone fished it or know of it? If so could you please give me some tips on fishing there.

Thanks

Lee B

Paul Bray

Reaction score
I have fished Timberland around 10 times on the pole and have had some really good sessions. I have had 18 carp ranging from 1 lb to 5lb and my mate almost landed a 17lb plus mirror but lost it after 30 minute fight on lightish pole tackle. Last week however I switch to the far side of small lake and method fed caster and picked up a 5.5lb Bream

Tony Strongman

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if any more members have fished at Timberland since this thread was started?

I'll be off there on Saturday so wondering what baits worked, what other fish are stocked, etc...

I know there is plenty of carp in there and that I'll be float fishing. Dynamite meaty chunks have been recommended elsewhere too. My other choice as a beginner is a carp rod that I currently use for legering.

Paul Bray

Reaction score
Pellets work well in the first lake by the tackle shop, I would personally use a quivertip rod and try a small mothod feeder rig last times I was there I bagged two Bream around 6-7 lb the best areas are right on the reeds on the island which too be fair are a little dodgy with normal tackle for snags so you will have to carefully clip the line and be dead accurate with casting. A pole on the other hand allows you to be more precise with feeding and you can bag a great amount of fish.

Would love to meet up with others in the local area who fish as I do not know a great amount of anglers in the area, I also am interested in night fishing although never been.

Tony Strongman

Reaction score
Thanks Paul. Glad to hear that the bait shop is there now. I hunted the web a little and found that there was to be one built. I guess its all open now?

The other guy I am going with advised just red maggotand fish close to the bank. The guy that advised the Dynamite meaty stuff pulled 97lb of fish out in a recent match apparently!

I am very much a beginner to fishing so have not tried the method feeder yet. Maybe its time to?

Paul Bray

Reaction score
Email me at paul.bray@dsl.pipex.com, where are you from? We could maybe link up some time soon, I am moving to Nazeing after I get married so am looking to meet up with blokes with simular interests etc.

Joe D

Reaction score
If your fishing on baggers the way ive found mose effective is to fish tight to the corners. By this i mean any reeds you have near you fish them!!! ive had great sucsess on baggers doing this!

I simply just use either sweetcorn or double red maggot tight to the reeds with a few scatterd sweetcorn and maggots around the area and sucsess!

John Ferriop

Reaction score
james, i fished there today in a match. We fished Rose Lake and the top weight was just over 15lb,fished really badly.

Either use maggot and fish light and possibly get about 10lb of roach and skimmers. Or use paste Luncheon meat for a tench,big bream (up to 8lb) and carp, not many carp caught today, becuase of the heat, so its better off going for the smaller fish. Close to the reeds a few feet out and you will get many species.

Good Luck and tell me how you got on!