Eat
Tasty
Animals

Joskin

Reaction score
Some of the comments on there realy cracked me up

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

I've been visiting that forum for a number of years which is why I know about the American anglers attitude to PETA and other anti-fishing organisations.
It was the members of FS forum that swamped the PETA forum one evening with hundreds of posts and caused it to go off line for a almost a whole day. It was hilarious.
One guy had them in a real panic. He pretended to be a young animal rights activist and reported that he and his friends had vandalised a local tackle dealer's home.
The moderator sent him a PM praising him for his deeds and offering the support of local PETA members in any further activities.
The FS member replied to him on the forum and revealed his true identity and told him that he had printed off the PM and was sending it to the FBI and the State Charity Commissioners (PETA was at that time a registered charity in the U.S.). The e.mail reply that he got was amazing as the moderator tried to weasel his way out of it.

The interesting thing is PETA no longer appears to have an open forum on the net. A case of once bitten twice shy?

D

Danneh

Hi mate, i hear you've fished the river ter in Girona ? I'm going there this weekend, is the park in Girona town ? Where do you think would be the best places to fish ?
Any info much appreciated, best regards ..
Dan.

J

john ledger

Nice one Frank
Certainly give food for thought on how to give antis a taste of their own medicine(how about arsenic)

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Danneh, sorry for the delay in replying but didn't get time to use my PC yesterday.
The park is on (I believe) the eastern edge of the town. Anyway it's as you're going out of town on a heading for the Costa Brava coast, Estartit and that area.
As I said in my post about Girona the best places on the park stretch are 100 to 150 yards upstream and perhaps 500 yards downstream of the iron bridge. Cross the bridge and fish the bank opposite the park. If you're going by car then after crossing the bridge (room for only one car to cross at a time and cars coming from one direction have right of way but can't remember which) about 50 yards on your right is a narrow turnoff that takes you down to the river bank and a decent sized area to park. You can then walk up or down stream. If the water's low then you will be able to fish from the bridge sill. A lot of carp there but average size is smaller than other areas.
A word of warning though. You will need a fishing licence from the Generalitat de Cataluna. Failure to produce one is a criminal offence and you will be asked for it by bailiffs and police.

D

Danneh

Hi Frank, thanks for the reply. I fished Girona town stretch and was very dissapointed ... not with the fish stocks, just with the filthy polution ridden water. I can honestly say the River Ter is the most disgusting river i've ever fished. Anyhow, above Girona ( where there are no factorys etc etc ) was a different story, beautifully clear waters stacked with big trout and barbel. I wouldn't recomend anyone fished for the trout as its highly illegal but i pulled out a few stunning brownys ( a bit sneaky i know but ya cant help catching um on worm ... oops ! ) Took a trip to Banyoles, 2 really well established lakes up there and only 20 mins out of Girona, had a few commons to 22lb. Catcha later mate, thanks again !
Dan.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Sorry to hear about the Ter Dan. It's certainly changed since I last fished it about 5 years ago.
You obviously didn't fish Lake Banyoles itself. Over two miles long and in one part of it over a 1,000 feet deep but in the shallower margins (3 - 10 feet) you can get some huge carp some well over 40lbs.
Next time you're in that area try fishing the Fluvia at Besalu. It's real spate river remeniscent of a small Scottish river with loads of chub and carp. It's well worth a visit and is a very clean river.