One Venue only

B

Bob Hornegold

If you could only fish one venue, where would it be ?

Fishers Green gets my vote.

Bob

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Thats a real toughy. Can we have one for rivers and one for lakes?

If so then I would say Chad lake and the Wye, if its to be only one then its got to be the Wye, no question.

B

Bob Hornegold

Only one Venue Graham, of course if its got Gravel Pits and a River and a Relief Channel.

??????

Bob

S

Stuart Harvey

Was gonna say the Grand Union Canal as there's miles and miles of bank with a bit of everything but could not imagine not fishing the Ouse ever again, so there you go, the Great Ouse for me.

S

swordsy

The trent,

Predictable choice but it has it all from the upper reaches to the tidal stretches.

D

Deecy

Thames every species from source to sea.A lifetimes of challenges,and very few with the foresight to fish it,amazing.

L

Laurie Harper

How do we define "venue"? The Thames/Trent, etc are so large/diverse as to make it pretty meaningless to give them as answers. Might as well say "the world"...

P

paul williams 2

The Welsh/Herefordshire Wye......even now but preferably at it's former glory (even without the barbel)

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Ribble. It has a wildness and ruggedness about it that is difficult to put into words. Plus specimen Barbel, Chub, Roach, grayling, Salmon, Sea-Trout, Brown Trout. Oh, and Eels, nearly forgot.

D

Deecy

The world, every species,much better than other planets.
All right Laurie if I had to chooose one bit can I offer the middle Thames? Much the same throughout ,still a lifetimes adventure,or do I have to be more specific :)

D

David Marrs

Have to go with Stuart Harvey, the Great Ouse gets it for me 2. It too has upper reaches, but upper reaches with not only record Barbel but record nudging Perch and Chub too. The middle reaches hold a myriad of fish, Pike, Zander into mammoth proportions, big fish of all species, Carp, Chub, Perch, Roach, Bream and one of my Zander swims two years ago produced two double figure Tench during a routine EA survey! In addition to this, there is always the odd surprise in the form of a big Catfish. Im also told that the tidal reaches are the place to go if you want a bag of Eel sections. The river is full of character and truly is the 'heart' of the Fens!

S

swordsy

Terry the same river arrow that the Avon navigation trust want to destoy?

T

Terry Comerford

That's the one Lee, luckily, there are four clubs with privately owned waters, in the way!

B

Bob Hornegold

Interesting-- No Still waters.

I did say Venue-- if you fish a whole river, then I suppose it is your Venue.

I was thinking more of places like Radwell - with the Pits and the River.

Fishers Green is on my doorstep-- River Carp to 40lbs (Relief Channel), Chub over 8lbs, Barbel over 15lbs, Still water Carp over 40lbs, Pit Bream 16lbs,River Bream 13lbs, Tench over 14lbs.

And a relatively Cheap ticket just outside of London.

F

Fred Bonney

Even though I'm finding the Trent an adventure,I still think that stream,the Upper Ouse had a certain magic for me.
Must go back again soon.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

It would have to be a venue where you could fish with a variety of styles for a variety of fish to keep interest up.

A place which would qualify and which I have really grown to love over the last few years would be Christchurch Harbour where those classic rivers the Stour & Avon converge.

Floatfishing bread you could pick anything up from specimen Dace,Roach & Bream to some superb Mullet as well as the odd Bass.

There are rumours of some very big & unfished for Carp.

There is an area of shallow flats which would be ideal for flyfishing for Bass.

In addition there is a healthy run of migratory fish.

Finally even whilst the close season was in force you could revert to sea tackle and I beleive even the odd Tope turns up!

Its also very beatiful.

If anyone is interested I am thinking about a little fish in there come high summer & will post in a month or two.

J

jason fisher

how much is that BnB in the pub across the road from the royalty nowadays