At and AM

K

Kevin Perkins

Not one to promote conspiracy theories, but.....

My local shop was a One-Stop until taken over and re-branded as a 'Tesco Express' and so much better too, except none of the ones in my area now stock AT or AM (used to have plenty when they where One-Stops)There are many other magazines catering for some pretty obscure pastimes, but not our angling weeklies. May have fallen foul of demographics, but why is it it that the main Tesco stores do carry the weeklies?

Anyone else noticed this?

Joskin

Reaction score
We have the same problem. One stop shop is now a tesco express. Tesco took out the very usefull post office, cash point and Angling times. they used to sell loads as our local tackle shop is around 4 doors down.

STUPID

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

I have also noticed that Tesco has neither the AT, AM or Angling Star these days.

Yet my local Asda (Walmart) carries the lot.

Could it be that Tesco, being a British outfit are getting anti, whilst Asda, being American controlled isn't into that sort of thing.

Three cheers for the yanks and down with Tesco is what I say.

K

Kevin Perkins

Not just me, then. Thank God for that , I was convinced that Richard Lee had 'got at' Tescos to ensure I couldn't get a copy to take the p*ss out of. As it appears to be fairly widespread, perhaps AT and AM might not have to look too far if their circulation figures have started to decline. If we aren't able to buy it from our local shops any more, how far do you think the average angler will bother to go in order to get a copy?

My local Morrisons/Safeway always has copies, and given that Asda do too, is it also a north/south divide?