buying online

chef

Reaction score
hi,
has anyone bought their rod licence online? if so how long did it take to get the thing through the post?

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Yep; about a week, but you can print off the receipt to fish with straight away ( but carry some pretty convincing - and photographic - ID just in case). There's also a number to note in case your printer doesn't.

chef

Reaction score
thanks thought i'd done something wrong when i filled out the forms

S

Steve King

"Did I hear somewhere that the licences they've issued to the direct debit subscribers are dated 2004? Doh!"

Yes you're right Graham!! I've just checked mine and it says valid from 01/04/04, however the expiry date is correct!!

Do you know if they are sending out replacements or if its OK to use the incorrectly dated licences?

L

Les Clark

Nearly as bad last year ,wrong colour paper,replacements had to be sent out.

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
Its 1 in the morning and Im off fishing at 6, it has taken me 45 mins to get onto the EA page and buy a licence, not happy.

P

paul williams 2

ordered and payed for mine on 31st of last month via their site and i have still not got it!! not happy either......and i will be arsed if i carry my driving licence, passport or similar about as "acceptable" proof of identity as they state.....they have ample time to send mine......?63.75 it was!!

Milo

Reaction score
I ordered two last year online, and I didn't receive them for a couple of months, and had to contact them a few times to request copies. Apparently, the details you type in were printed and re-entered into their system, and someone got the address wrong.

P

paul williams 2

a case of peanuts and monkeys?........the system in this country is crap nomatter what section!!

Milo

Reaction score
I just wonder what the people who received my initial two did with them? What would you do if you received a 'free' licence in the post?

P

paul williams 2

Never thought of it....but i know a few who wouldn't buy one if it happened to them!

Milo

Reaction score
<g> They might have been a bit peeved when they saw one of the two was for a 'Miss' rather than a 'Mr'!

I think I'll be going to the post office this year for mine - save the admin fee and the cost of the phone calls! I've not got a current licence, but then I've been doing masses of overtime since January and so haven't been fishing (yet!).

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
All bailiffs have access to a data base via their mobile phone or whatever else they carry. If you havn't got your licence with you or you havn't received it but have paid for it then they feed your name and date of birth into the data base and up it comes with the ok.

That is the theory at least but not having met a bailiff since 1963 I have no proof of this.

L

Les Clark

I brought this years at the post office ,with their new computer system it took twice as long as normal (with the bloke writeing the details down )plus you have to do it all over again if you want more than one ,but no cockups as online .

J

jason fisher

i went down the post office and got miine in about 2 minutes, i didn't have to wait for it to not turn up in the post and i won't have to take loads of id with my mug shot on it fishing with me just the licence.

now that's progress for you.