Which box for a student

Flysurfer

Reaction score
Hey guys(girls as well)
Just got my student loan in and really need to upgrade my box.
Had a look at the on box 9which feels rocksolid) but the side draws seem to be primarily designed for pole winders.
I'm after a box with at least 3 draws which must be deep enough to all my end tackle like the look of the tardis and the new boss box but they are bit expensive what would you suggest. by the way if anyone is selling a tardis let me know :)

Joskin

Reaction score
Have a look and Ebay always a few boss boxes and tardis on there.

J

jason fisher

keep the box you've got and spend the money on beer like every other student.

N

NottmDon

Boss boxes may seem expensive but by gum they last, Ive had mine twenty years and its still the best box I ever purchased. I think Daiwa do a box that comes flatpack for the budget end continental type boxes maybe worth a looksee. Only other advice and this is my personal opinion is avoid aluminum based boxes as they are heavy and do tend to dint a bit.Other option is to take jasons advice lmao!

J

jason fisher

i was a student once you know, this is sound advice coming from first hand experience.

N

NottmDon

Jason maybe you should offer "student lessons" and teach the young up and coming graduates the tricks of the trade? Let them take you out for a nights binge drinking carry you back to their flat and serve you up a top beensprout and lentil curry followed by some iffy smokes. All for a reasonable fee of course, the going rate for a fishing coach is around the ?400/day mark so what price for learning the finer points of studentship??

J

jason fisher

i've already corrupted the entire population of one degree course into having the worst reputation in the university, so i've got the credentials.

fred hall

Reaction score
Fly, you want your box to have DRAWERS not draws! I hope you are not studying for an English Language degree. Sorry, occupational hazard of being a teacher.
Back to the point of this discussion-it seems to me that there are a lot of excellent second hand seatboxes out there. Check out your local tackle shops. After years of using my faithful Shakespeare box I've graduated to a Brilo. On reflection it could do to be a bit bigger but at least that makes me sort out my gear in advance of each trip. With the Shakespeare everthing, including the kitchen sink because you can mix groundbait in it, got slung in. What about you match anglers- do you always take too much gear with you?