Where to get bloodworm?

Tony Campbell

Reaction score
Hi all,

Where can I get a supply of bloodworm to try as a bait at my local fishery?

Milo

Reaction score
Tony, I know CC Moore sell them frozen. Click "Boosted Bloodworm Range" on the left hand menu. Have you tried your local tackle shop, they might do them too?

Tony Campbell

Reaction score
Cheers guys,

I had been reading in the mags about using bloodworm as a hookbait, with some in the groundbait too. As far as I can make out, it really kills! Whats your opinion on bloodworm? Any tips? I've never used it before.

J

jason fisher

scratching bait for match men, and too bluddi expensive to use in reasonable quantity.

Tony Campbell

Reaction score
Scratching bait for match men? I've read stories of decent carp etc, taken on bloodworm. Have to agree on the price though. I'd like to give it a try all the same. After all, you should try everything at least once in a lifetime.

J

jason fisher

i'd like to see some one put a bloodworm on a size 2.

Tony Campbell

Reaction score
I dont have a holdall big enough for a size 2, so that wont be a problem..... could use an old anchor i suppose.

J

jason fisher

the other problem with using them for carp is you'd have to stop them being mashed by every silver fish in the lake.

you can thread them on a hair but it's an absolute farce.

Tony Campbell

Reaction score
Your mentioning hair rigging...... I wonder if you can ball them with horlicks, like maggots?? Have done that for carp before, and it worked.

J

jason fisher

the match men put them in in damp leam. if you used horlicks ther'd be no weight to it.

Sven Castle

Reaction score
Just been reading the tips on the ccmoore site and they recommend mixing with other bits to make it a winner. might try it myself this summer

Adrian Nicholas

Reaction score
toyou carp boys fish feed on them . if you can locate asupplier they are cheaper than buying from pond and pet food suppliers according to the press anyway asihavent found a proper bait supplier down south yet. don't bother with those mainline bloodworm pellets, when iv'e cupped that in as slop ive actually seen fish shy away from the stuff asquite distinct from the real live stuff. also try live daphnia to pull fish into peg.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Tony, just ask your local match orientated tackle shop. You'll probably have to order it and it'll cost around ?7 for a match pack. This will do for a couple of trips.

Some leam (powdered clay) of some sort will be necessary - just ask them in the shop.

It's a cracking bait if you want to get bites in mid winter (as long as there are small fish around). As it becomes warmer then I'd give it a miss until next winter.

arenaman

Reaction score
get your waders out and collect your own,a pole a piece of angle iron and some trays,as for bloodworm pellets..imo there for catching the anglers money full stop