Wanted - Original Drennan "Carp Dacron"

bigchub

Reaction score
Wanted -
Some of the original Drennan "Carp Dacron" in 10lb or 12lb. Must be on the yellow spool not the newer stuff (see example picture below). Green or brown would be best.

Example picture -

drennan%20carp%20dacron.jpg

Morespiders

Reaction score
I have a spool of it Chub, you can have it with pleasure, 12lb, mail me your address, and will post it to you next week, off to Blenhiem tomorrow till Sunday

bigchub

Reaction score
I have a spool of it Chub, you can have it with pleasure, 12lb, mail me your address, and will post it to you next week, off to Blenhiem tomorrow till Sunday

Thank you so much. Will send you a pm with my address.

---------- Post added at 04:26 ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 ----------

And just wondered what the differences are that make you prefer the other?

The new stuff seems to fray a lot more (unless its just me). Have you ever had any problems with it?

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
It does fray a bit where it's cut, but I have always managed fairly easily to get it through hook eyes after just sucking the tag end to moisten it a bit.

I've never had it break on me and have taken good sized barbel and one double figure carp from the upper Trent using it.

I like the way it blends in with weed and offers that extra bit of strength in weedy swims. I don't tend to use it when fishing more rocky swims though, favouring a good mono or flouro instead.

bigchub

Reaction score
It does fray a bit where it's cut, but I have always managed fairly easily to get it through hook eyes after just sucking the tag end to moisten it a bit.

I've never had it break on me and have taken good sized barbel and one double figure carp from the upper Trent using it.

I like the way it blends in with weed and offers that extra bit of strength in weedy swims. I don't tend to use it when fishing more rocky swims though, favouring a good mono or flouro instead.

I guess its just me be a picky old so & so then. I know what you mean about this stuff - its as tough as old boots and seems to stand up to snags very well. Strangely it seems to be out of fashion and seen as "old fashioned" but I for one wouldn't be without in when fishing for chub and barbel. I also like the fact that it hardly ever tangles compared to other braid type hook-links.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Sinks well on its own and takes tungsten putty easily too. In fact its brilliant stuff and cheap.

I've never tested it in any rocky areas, as with no coating I'm not too sure about abrasion resistance. But that's my only, unsubstantiated, problem with it.