The E.A. Bailiffs

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Most of us will have seen the photographs of the new style Environment Agency Bailiffs which were featured in A.T. some weeks ago. Stab proof vests, baton, handcuffs, and spray. They also have the use of trained dogs. I wonder why? And not forgetting the powers that they have.

That aside, what do you think of another view of the E.A. or club bailiff?
Should all bailiffs have their photographs along with their names displayed on the E.A. website, or put up on the wall of their area office? Do you think it would be a good idea for the public at large, anglers, and old Uncle Tom Cobbley and all to be able to put names to faces?
This is purely a hypothetical question, but what would you think of such a proposal?

J

John McLaren

I don't really see the point Baz. So long as they wear I.D. on the bank that's fine by me.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks John.
I haven?t made myself too clear on this one. If the bailiffs had their photographs and names on a website, or on the wall in their area office, I would have thought this would be giving too much information to the wrong kind of people.
i.e photograph, name, phonebook = address.
As for their I.D. on the bank, the same here as well. Why not a number just the same as a police officer is not obliged to give you his name, but you can have his collar number. I am thinking of personal safety against any possible revenge attacks.
Like you said John, I can not see the point in it.
Does anybody see it differently? Such as a P.R exercise to let decent anglers/public know who they are,

G

Ged

Couldn't agree with you more on this one baz. I had a lecture once from a chap who was a security adviser to the banks etc.
At one place, he said that the staff had full names on their badges. He followed one home to get their address. The stuff he dragged up was unreal. A number or just intitials is enough. Why make their work easy?

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That was my whole point Ged.
But there are people who see it differently.
They don't seem to realise the danger of it all.