Indoor Fishing Venues?

James Morgan

Reaction score
Hello All,

I personally think that indoor fishing venues will be big business over the next 10 years.

Would you welcome a comfortable fishing arena with onsite parking, cafe and tackle shop; either to fish on bad weather days or to take novice anglers as there could be a variety of fishing style catered for i.e, game, course, fly, freshwater, saltwater.

There could even be coaching on site for kids.

What do you think are the pro's and con's?

Thank You
James

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

For me such a place would be the seventh circle of Hell!! Aaagh!

L

Laurie Harper

Is it still April 1st? Actually, the idea has certain merit. A sort of Eden project for anglers. Just imagine it, "the British angling holiday the weather can't spoil". Luvverly. A hostess service to deliver bait, teas n' snax to your peg, a bouncy castle for the bin-lids to play on and a health club and spa for the missus, all under one roof. I love progress, me...

T

The Monk

why dont we just do it by computer,
save leaving the house?

J

jason fisher

it's all a con and as such i'd have nothing to do with it.

G

Glen Howell

if it is indoors then you could heat the water. We could fish for exotics like the Amazonian red tail catfish or maybe Nile Perch and tiger fish. How about livebaiting for piranha?

S

Steve King

No thanks mate, I'd rather do it for real bad days, wet days, cold days etc included!!

G

Ged

First there was fishing in an old swimmimg baths. Now indoor fishing!
Come on now! no need for brollies, barrows shelters etc. What are the tackle tarts going to buy?
Best pegs must be next to the air-raters.
Mind you! on site bars and next to every peg, no need for the weekend carpers to take the six/twelve packs with them.

Daniel Matley

Reaction score
Can't believe that anyone would even entertain such a venue myself. I would rather spend a cold winters day on the Ribble and walk a mile through muddy fields for one bite from a fish in its natural environment than have a net full from some artificial created puddle. For me just being there in the outdoors is all part of the experience/pleasure. Still I guess its only a matter of time before this sort of thing is available and no doubt they will be packed............which will leave plenty of room for me on the rivers :)

L

Les Clark

Didn`t the japs have this about ten years ago ,fishing on a platform out to a swimming pool ,they had to hire a bamboo rod and bait ?
Come in No 5 ,your time is up ,stuff that ,I would jack it in first .

P

Phil Hackett 2

I?ve no doubt that such waters will come with artificial trees, grass, wildlife just to add to the artificial anglers experience.

Me thinks you?ve been watching to many films like Westworld with Yule Briner.

James you one very, very sad person!

And that?s the only bite you?ll get from this fish, and you missed it!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
This was proposed about ten years ago I remember and it was in the same area that they actually opened a fishing venue for nudists, do you remember that?

It was in that triangle just north of where the M6 meets the M1. I remember seeing pictures of it as well somewhere, mebbe the AT, can't remember exactly. It wasn't compulsory to be nude of course but like all madcap schemes it died a death.

Perhaps it got frozen out!

L

Laurie Harper

Now come on, chaps. The future beckons. We must move forwards, not back. This could be the real alternative to getting wet, cold and miserable. And of course, keeping everyone happy while dad wets a line is likely to save a few marriages - helping preserve family values, etc. It's win-win for all, regardless of whether they're thinking what we're thinking...

A

Angler Saxon

Would I use one of these places?

I would rather be bound hand and foot and lowered head first into a cauldron of boiling snot.

So, that's a "No" from me.

J

John McLaren

I don't think it would be win-win because I suspect, as others have suggested, that there would not be sufficient takers to make it a viable proposition.

Also, to provide anything like a natural pond with enough pegs to provide adequate turnover of "anglers" it would have to be so big the roof would be a structural engineer's dream/nightmare and consequently prohibitively expensive.

I guess that existing holiday locations with extensive covered facilities might be able to provide a small muddy hole for half a dozen folk to fish at any one time but even then it would probably be difficult to make it pay and you wouldn't find me there!

S

Steve King

Perhaps the nudist fishing venue closed because an angler hooked themselves in a delicate part of their anatomy!

L

Laurie Harper

Engineering problems? Piece of cake, I reckon. A nice big geodesic dome, like they had at the Eden Project, would be light, strong and large enough. They could coat the inside with something to filter out all those nasty UV rays and prevent skin cancer. Come to think of it, it could have a totally controlled environment inside it. Optimum air and water temperatures, a wave generator to put a bit of a chop on the water and bingo! Bag up city 24 hours a day. Can't wait.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
But it would not be fishing. You would not be waiting for that warm spell after a few days of cold to bring the Barbel on. The clear cold days for the Grayling Chub Roach or Pike.

Or would you just have it full of small Carp. If so there is no need as most comercials fish through the winter all they have to do is build a bus shelter at each peg to keep you dry and warm.

This is a no brainer idea. Sounds good in principle but the anglers out there don't want it. Just imagine what it will cost for a days fishing. heating a place like that in the middle of winter will cost a fortune.