Info on waters

P

peter webber

Hi all

A brother of mine has just moved into the Wraysbury area and it has been noted that within a stones throw of his new house there are a number of waters including:-

The Queen Mother Reservoir
Wraysbury Res
A number of gravel pits between Horton & Wraysbury

The icing on the cake is a brook called Colne Brook that runs right by his house at Poyle.

Now my brother does not fish, he should be shot having these waters so close and not being an angler but my father and I do.

So can anyone give me any info on these waters as to who controls them etc please.

I'll be going up there in the next few weeks to have a look around myself when I can but would like some info to go with if poss.

Thanks

Pete

Fishing Gimp

Reaction score
Most of the gravel pits fall under the RMC banner and you can call up their site on the internet on www.rmcangling.co.uk

Queen Mother reservoir used to be a fine but hard trout fishery with many regulars who liked the challenge. Sadly i don't think anyone can fish it now as it is where a lot of people now learn to sail!

Colne Brook is an unknown quantity but you may be able to get info from Staines Angling. Best to pop in mid week when it is not so busy and have a chat.

You've also got the Lower Thames, below Staines it is free fishing. Fill your boots as they say and good luck!

P

peter webber

Ok thanks for the info and when I go up to see him in the next week or so I'll see what I can find out about the area.