angling technics procat (good or bad)

Bradley Herbert

Reaction score
Can i get an opinion on the procat baitboat as i am in the market for a baitboat at the moment and i wonder whether to buy one of these brand new or whether its worth getting a microcat secondhand?

F

Frothey

have heard the pro has had a few battery "issues". have recently gone up in price as well.
i'd go for a second hand microcat

Sam Vennet

Reaction score
They had software problems on one weeks production in october. No problems/issues since. Great little boat if you don't want to carry too much bait or have a long walk to the swim - only weighs 2.75kg.

Sam

Bradley Herbert

Reaction score
Thanks chaps.

I dont put alot of bait out into the places i fish but there can be rather a long walk to alot of my choice swims so im sort of swaying towards the procat.

C

Cakey

after playing with both I would say go for the cat,also when you move on to bigger things i.e. France etc you wont have to sell the pro and buy a cat !

Richie Gregory

Reaction score
my mate's have the procat it's only 3 months old and we have already been out in the boat to bring it back to dry land after it had a funny turn half way out it has an amber light on top witch tells you that the batt is flat even when the batt is fully charged in this state it will only go forward's for a few seconds then it packs up and all the lights flash bloody useless and at?325 quid also it suffers from inteferance from other boat's so it dumps the bait willy nilly bloody annoying,

Sam Vennet

Reaction score
Sounds like the october problem to me. Just ring up AT - they will fix it v. quickly for free.
The interference can only be another BB user on the same channel - maybe your mate should have checked before operating it.
Most BB problems are caused by the eejits who use em.

Sam

C

Cakey

back in the old days radio controllers used to fly coloured flags on their aerials to let others know what crystal/frequency they were using

Richie Gregory

Reaction score
all 3 boats are on diff channel's but they still interfear with each other so wee only use one boat at a time

F

Frothey

a bloke was having a prob with a std baitboat on a lake near me....turns out it was a delkim cordless system that was causing the prob?

why the bloke was using the cordless as he was sitting next to his rods with the buzzers (and receiver) turned up to the max wasnt immediately apparent though.....

M

Moody Malc

Get a Viper instead.

I just so happen to have one for sale! ;o)