Nile Cruises Egypt - Fishing

Blunderer

Reaction score
All
I am going on my honeymoon to Egypt this summer. I havea four day Nile Cruise, 3 days in Cairo and 11 nights in sharm El Sheik. Does anyone know if I can fish from the Cruise boat or on the reefs around Sharm? I have a telescopic rod.
Any help gratefully received!!!!!

S

Steve King

It has been many years since I've been to Sharm. My advice though would be to leave the rod at home and invest in a snorkel and an underwater camera!

The coral reefs and the fish are superb!!

G

Gary Knowles 2

I'm not 100% sure but a mate who hardly ever fishes went to Sharm el Sheik last year and he said the only fishing was way offshore as all the inshore spots are protected, diving zones where fishing is prohibited.

Don't hold me to that though he could be talking bollox.

If the boat moores on the Nile - nothing stopping you throwing a rod over the side though, and you never know the captain might have a small dingy you can borrow. If you don't ask you don't get !

Blunderer

Reaction score
You are right, Gary.
You are not supposed to fish with 150 m of the shore.
Steve, don't worry, I will be diving and snorkelling every day!

alan strickland

Reaction score
If you get the chance do a night dive on the thistlegorm wreck.Best dives ive ever done were on that wreck,its a massive supply ship that got bombed before making its way up the suez.
Its huge hold`s are full of motorbikes,trucks ect and there are 2 steam engines aswell.
It sits upright with its bow head on into the current and at night the plankton set of bursts of biolumenesence as they hit the bow which make it look like a ghost ship cruising the depth`s.

ps there always used to be a turtle that lived in the captains bath.