Pre baiting

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
I am fishing a large lake with literally thousands of bream and not many carp.
I need to prebait for the carp on the cheap without the bream wiping it out first.

Is there a particle bream dont particularly like as i cant afford to put kilos of 40 millers out.

F

Frothey

pile in the maize, maybe a stack of big tigers as hookbait. you'll still get the odd bream though.
some think that seperating the baits on the hair tend to stop the bream and tench picking up the hook bait

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
Im catching loads of bream on imitation maize.
Would they not eat the free offerings?

L

Les Clark

Benny ,I think you will be on a hideing to nothing if you pile in load of particle`s ,you will attract the lot of them .
If there are as many as you say ,are they on the small size ?
If so use the biggest sodding boilies you can find ,single /double ,plus use pva net or stringer for freebies ,that is what I would try ,but it may take a lot of sussing out .
Do the carp show in any one area or is it hit and miss ?

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
People are getting 200lb bags and a 300lb bag is on the cards the smallest ive had is 5lb gennerally they are 6/7lbers.

The carp dont show at all.
The lake is joined to the Thames so god knows when there in or out.

the last carp banked was in september.
you can only get a bait to about 30% of the lake.

Singles and pva has been done to death and it rarely produces.

The bream anglers get smashed up a bit this is why i think they respond to good dose of bait but i dont want to wade through 300lb of bream to get to them HELP.

L

Les Clark

Benny ,No answer to that that mate ,it`s go with the flow ,or move on ,depend`s how much you want these carp ,I would move on .

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
Want em bad theres a forty that lee jackson had out some years ago when it was an rmc water. If its still there its potentially a fifty.

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
If Lee Jackson or anyone who has had success at rmc's pennylane reads this what did you do to get round the bream. Or trip the carp up.

Any advice grately appreciated.

C

Cakey

try filling the bream up .......about 50k a day of maize will do !

F

Frothey

the carp'll get there eventually. imagine the shock when you get a drop back and you cant just skim it in!

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
CHILLI do bream like spicy bait? Ive fished chilli corn b4 and not had bream.
What do reckon to adding chillis to partiblend?

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
I was planning on tigers for hookbaits but cant afford to prebait with them and wouldnt want to anyway.
I was talking to bloke today whos was bream fishing.
Guess the hookbait?

Tigers.

J

jon helyer

You could try a whole brazil nut, too expensive to prebait with, at least in any quantity, but they do seem to be more bream proof than other baits, at least they are on a water near to where I live that is full of bream of all sizes.......

Fishing Gimp

Reaction score
Tiger nuts on the large side used to be the way to get rid of unwanted attention as they require a big gob to get them down to the old throat teeth. Failing that why not use a giant florescent 'donkey choker' boilie fished on a longish hair as a single bait. just fish it to a feature and wait. you never know it sometims works.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Nothing wrong with bream ----better than them Ratfish