camping overnight worcester

Reaction score
I was looking to fish for a couple of days in June. Wanted to camp out overnight. Anyone know where I can do this near Worcester. I have contacted a couple of places and they do one or the other. I dont want to fish during the night just sleep. If anyone can help would be gratefull.

chef

Reaction score
are you after campsites or camping by river?

Reaction score
Hi Chef was looking to camp by a lake or very near in the first instance. But if you dont know of any, a river would be ok. Just looking for relaxing couple of days. Not to far from worcester because of good lady using the car, she would have to drop me off. If you cant thanks anyway.

S

Steve King

You could try the Mill House camp site at Claines just outside Worcester. Follow the A449 in the direction of Kidderminster. It's on the banks of the River Salwarpe. The Salwarpe itself isn't up to much around the campsite, but cross over the road and after a five minute walk you have a nice stretch of the Severn (fishable on a BAA ticket.

Theres a decent pub The Mug House in Claines village itself!

chef

Reaction score
when i was younger i used to fish at clevelode often used to camp there there is a piece that is behind the houses that is free fishing if you phone leigh sinton carp lakes and ask to speak to the owner can't remember his name he may let you as i have seen people overnight fishing before

S

Steve King

I also think you can camp at Evesham Country Park and that would give you the choice of the Avon or the lakes at the park itself.