JRC and Chub sold

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I have just found out that Hardy/Grays have bought Chub and Shakespear have purchased JRC. Is this a good thing I can see how Chub can fit into the Grays range but not sure on the Shakespear buying JRC.

J

jason fisher

this is going to complicate my sorting out my knackered chairs

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
You could always look at the new Korum chair with the ability to attach all the octupus arm etc ;-)

J

jason fisher

i only want some new joints not a whole new chair, they're only about a fiver.

J

jason fisher

there's an echo round here!

anyone know the phone number for JRC, i've lost it.

T

The Monk

yeah thats a good un for JRC Jeff, I use it all the time, excellent service, well done JRC

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Woody i know you have had dealings with Chub in the past do you think these aquasitions by the larger firms will be a good thing

J

jason fisher

just to clarify things brian is referring to chub the company he's not implying that jeff has actually managed to catch something.

W

Wolfman Woody

Sorry for delay Bryan, lot been happening.

Are acquisitions good? In this case, probably - yes. Chub rods are good, but aren't in big demand, whilst Greys rods are and they are top quality. So there's some technology and ideas to share there (hopefully they might make one for me now-fingers crossed).

At the same time, Chub make up loads of stuff that Hardy/Greys aren't into. I'm not sure where people have gone except that Kevin Benham from Chub is still with the team, so I'm pleased about that. Remember, Chub haven't been going that long so they've enjoyed a tremendous success story. Hopefully it will continue.

In some areas we have too many companies competing. You might think that's good, but in order to maintain high margins for themselves and lower prices for us, the products sometimes lose their quality. Maybe a few more mergers will be good, but there'll always be someone comes along who can produce a piece of crap at a lower price than anyone else and those that buy on price alone are his market.