Bollie Soaks/Dips

STEVE M

Reaction score
Hi
I have read alot of the dips are glycerin based with a touch alcohol to disperce the flavour does anyone have any tips on how much ( not a double JD i guess) and do i need to add anything else, as some dips are now a tenner a go i thought i would have ago at the DIY approach or is it just better to pay the dosh.
Thanks Steve.

F

feck

Brian Skoyles did a two-part bait dip/soak feature in UK Carp over the winter. Unfortunately, I no longer have my copies. Do you read AT Steve? Does anyone else remember better than me?

F

Frothey

theres a lot better things to make dips out of...fish oils/pastes, liquid liver, csl, etcetc.
they probably meant use ethyl alchohol based flavours as they disperse quicker, rather than adding alchohol.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Vodka works well in winter to disperse the oils. Were talking no more than a cap full in a kilo of paste.

F

feck

Not at all NottmDon, it was a good feature. RIP A4 format UK Carp. Shame in IMHO.

N

NottmDon

Agree about the format but the contents still there mate, for such a small supplement theres some cracking advice given out freely!