snakeskin &the like

stephen dawson

Reaction score
does this stuff work for anybody i've tried most and had no luck with it.a right waste of money.

Alnath

Reaction score
I have been using Fox Mask and have had some success using it, the biggest on it i have had is 20lb 8oz and 23lb 1oz (both commons)

L

Les Clark

Stephen ,try to explain why it is a waste of money ,why it dosn`t work for you ?

stephen dawson

Reaction score
les the rig looks and feels so obvious that i lose confidence in the presentation go back to plain braid.i have only caught on it in high summer when the lake was very cloudy.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Thousands of carp of all sizes have been caught on coated braids such as Snakeskin.

I suspect your problem is one of confidence, or lack of it, as you've indicated yourself.

F

Frothey

nothing wrong with coated braids, what b/s do you use? what colour are you using and whats the colour of the lake bed?

Alnath

Reaction score
I fished a local runs water last week for a 24 hour session. 2 rods were using Fox Mask which is very thick next to something like suffix heavy skin and one rod was using ESP Ghost fluorocarbon. The rod with the fluorocarbon hooklength did not even register a single bleep where as the rods with braid were quite busy.

W

Wolfman Woody

I have used coated braids and they're fine, maybe you should look at Mantis as it's a little finer.

Then again, you shouldn't put all your eggs into one basket. If coated braids aren't working for you, are they working for others on the same venue? Maybe there's a case for trying flourocarbon hooklinks or stiff links, black Amnesia line even. Shorten the hooklength or lengthen it. Maybe the method of tying the hook is a problem.

There could be any one of 876 different ways of dealing with this.

F

Frothey

i was going to say 877, but when you think about it carefully, its 875.

S

swordsy

skinned braids are fine but you need to have confidence in what you are using.

If confidence would be improved by using flouro-carbons, nylons or soft braids then go for it!

There are very few wrongs or rights when it comes to hooklengths just personal preferances and sensible choices.