Profile Umbrella

P

Peter Heyworth

Has anyone out there had any experience with the nash profile umbrella as im thinking about getting one and wonder if any body rates them or not.

P

Paul Harrison

Had one a about three years now,(slippery eel version) great, no problems whatsoever, but I was warned not to drop it top first onto the ground as the plastic cap apparently breaks. This has not happened to me or any of my mates and 5 of us have them so don't believe it to be a problem just don't do it in case.

Two of them have been back to be retaped (this year) but considering we all use them at least once a week and have been doing so for the last couple of years I think that is not bad. Especially as I know the two that went back were never dried out properly between use. (cost ?15 to retape incidentally)

Also have the infill panels which make it really usefull for the odd wet overnighter especially in a smaller swim were you can't set up a proper bivvy.

The basic design of that type of setup is far more versatile especially if you want to fish more awkward swims and still be protected from the elements as you can set up on very steep banks were you would never consider a normal shelter but obviously the space is not as good as in a proper bivvy, hence I still use my two man titan if I am there for a few days and space is not a problem.

C

Craig w

I has the profile & i think its a top piece of kit, its ideal for short trips where maybe its very hot (used as a sun shade) or theres the odd shower or a bit of rain.
If i was staying for maore than maybe the odd night i will use a bivvy.
Oh yeah, when i got the infill panels in WITHOUT the ground sheet i find it suffers from a bit of condensation inside but nothing to bad

R

Rob Brownfield

I have a slippery eel version. Had trouble with the stitching on the "wings",,But i resolved it with dacron. I love it.