What Chair

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Hi Chaps
I mostly use a seatbox for my fishing, but I'm looking to buy a chair for roving river fishing. The chair need to be light weight, because I want to move from swim to swim, easy to carry ,compact and in the ?25 bracket as I will probably not use it often but just for the occasionally session.
Any thought on what to get?

J

jason fisher

a good unhooking mat, lighter than a chair, does 2 jobs because you can unhook on it and sit on it.

Y

yoggy

Mort, try the fox adjusta chair its dead comfy,and really light,i use it when i"m roving,and never had a problem they retail at about 35quid but i got mine for 30quid,failing this try the nash nomad i picked one up for 20quid at a fishing show they"re mega light and comfy with the added bonus of a strap for easy carrying.

E

EC

Daiwa mission ?20, havent got 1 but for the money they are the dogs, also fishrite do one for under ?40

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Try to get one where the seat part of the cover has the metal support protruding out of the actual seat area and not sewn into it. Otherwise the stitching is under great pressure.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The seat part of the cover, (that's the bit where your bum goes)

Some chairs have the side supports fitted into the ends of the cover.

I prefer the type that the side supports run through the material.

I

Ian "snotman" Foden

As Yoggy says the Fox Adjusta chair is perfect for river roaming, really light, comfy, very strong (I weigh 16+stone) you can carry it by putting your arm thro and resting it on your shoulder when walking, its perfect for sloping banks, has nothing to get jammed up and is easy to keep clean.

I have tried loads of chairs over the years and this is the best value for money chair for this purpose I have ever seen.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Thanks for your views everyone ,going to Chatsworth fishing show this weekend so I'll be looking to get one there.

J

John Huntley

The Fox adjusta must be the best roving chair, very light and strong. very quick and easy to set up.

G

Gary Knowles 2

Nash Nomad - Brilliant for short sessions, adjustable legs and carrying strap, folds perfectly flat..

Fishrite 'Guest chair' tiny, lightweight model great for clipping to your rucksack but not adjustable feet.

Bill Maitland

Reaction score
Agree with Gary, the Nash Nomad for me when roving with a chair for longer sessions, the carry strap is brilliant.
For shorter sessions an unhooking mat is ample.

M

Mr. Uncredible

Nash Outlaw - comes with a zip up compartment on the back to hide store the accompanying carrying strap in. I believe

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
The Nash Nomad and the Fishrite Xtreme Lite are almost identical (a cynic would say they came from the same factory). The only difference being the carrying strap on the Nash. If the carrying strap isn't important then go for the Fishrite as it's cheaper.

J

John McLaren

I have a Fox Adjusta Chair and think its great - everything "Snotman" says about it - however I would not consider it a roving chair as it is quite cumbersome. I guess a taller person might get away with it but I struggle with it over stiles, for example.

For roving I use my unhooking mat. Shimano do a sort of rucksack with a fold down seat or back which might prove ideal but I'll wait for the price to fall! If Kenny Tarleton's out there looking in he might care to give us his impression as he won one recently.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I wondered that myself Graham because they do look remarkably similar, not so sure about it being cheaper though cos its listed at the same price as the Nomad, or do you know somewhere cheap?

I have a Fox Stalker which I thought was light, that is until I happened to weigh it last Friday, 11.5lbs!

Anybody want to buy a Fox Stalker for ?20.