Making your own boilies

Yacko

Reaction score
Hello Tim,
can you please explain what you mean by "would be far better off knocking up a sweet/fruity 50/50 boilie"?
I was initially put off making my own boilies by the set-up cost of buying bulk goods from Pet Food type wholesaler. If it's just an experiment you don't want to spend ?50 just to give it ago. In the end I used ingredients like you described bought in smaller quantities. I caught a few on them but tend not to use boilies much theses days.
Yacko

P

paul sheffield

7oz semolina,5oz full fat soya flour,2oz baby milk,5ml hutchys scopex,orange colour,rolls like a dream ,you will not fail (back 2 basics),.

Adrian Pickering

Reaction score
I use a bulk (75%)?of Semolina flour, Maize Meal. Then filler (25%)?of soya flour and milk powder, then to top it off and give the bait the ability to carry the scent when the water hits it is 1 part of vegetable oil.?

My favourite (and the fishes it must be said, is to use a standard supermarket tub of hot curry powder and ground up Halibut pellets). Just add this the dry mix then use as many eggs as it takes to make the mix like a hook paste. Allow it to rest for 30 mins then roll into desired size and boil in hot water for approximatley 2-3 minutes. Allow to cool on a rack then freeze them (Keep for ages)!!.

Another good one (but it is a little more expensive) is to buy a glug of Oyster and mussel (Usually around ?7.50) and make the base sing the exact same dry mix (excluding the curry powder) so just add the ground halibut pellets, make and cook the boilies but when dry place in a freezer bag and cover with the glug. Seal the bag and freeze, this is a great way of getting the glug to absorb right into the boilies without having to fiddle wih the base mix.